Ide channel settings

vbimport

hey, one noob question. how do i setup my dvd drives to secondary ide channel? is it physically done or by doing something with a mouse?

You have to plug the cable going to the DVD drives into the secondary IDE channel’s connector on the motherboard.

my motherboard only have one ide channel, and everyone suggest that i put my dvd drives in secondary. my hard drive is a 4pin SATA drive, so am i good at where i am now?

Yeah.

another thing, how should i set the jumpers of my dvd writers? Should i set one to MA and the other one to SL? Or should i set all two to SA? My maddog seem to have a buffer problem right now, every now and then it empties buffer and then refills it.

Set one to master, and the other to slave. Don’t use cable select.

maddog drives are rebadged nec`s and this is perfectly normal its called A.O.P.C

what is so bad for setting them to CS?

maddog drives are rebadged nec`s and this is perfectly normal its called A.O.P.C

the speed was 4.2x then the speed drops to 3.7x, the buffer drops to 3%, then slowly runs back to 96%. LOL, it made the disc look like colorful rainbows.
:bigsmile: i think my maddog is degrading, it burn large dark and light rings on the discs(ty02, mcc02, cmc), not matter what the speed it used to burn. when i first got the drive, it only burn small light rings on my mcc02’s(at 12x). Now they looked terrible and a lot bigger.

Cable select doesn’t always work like it should.