IDE Cable Select Ground Question

I am adding a hard drive and want to make a cable select IDE cable so I don’t have to mess with changing jumpers, just switch cables if I change hard drives between primary and slave drive. I found a good site as to how to clip and/or solder lead no. 28 to ground but my new round IDE cable does not have any red line or marking designating which side (no.1) lead is ground. Please have a look at the pic below. With the locating middle tab which orients the connector to the drive/motherboard on the IDE connector pointing up, which side of the connector is no.1 or ground?..the yellow or blue arrow?
Thanks in advance from the computer builders on this great site that make their own cable select cables.
George

The yellow should be pin 1.

Why not just buy a cable select cable?

Its not a bad idea.

Well…came to find out that all 80 versus 40 lead IDE cables that are marked as shown are all cable select.
Thanks,
George
P.S. A heads up to those thinking about Acronis TI v.9.0 and buying a back up internal drive and imaging their drive over for back up. Do it. A tip is I ordered Acronis TI v.8.0 from Tiger Direct who drop ships from Acronis. Apparently Acronis was out of version 8.0 because v.9.0 promptly arrived at my doorstep. Incidentally purchased my new Seagate 80gig Drive from NewEgg who had the best price. Couldn’t be more pleased. The software is intuitive and works flawlessly…install of new drive and ghosting my current drive over to the new drive for back up only took a few minutes…a piece of cake. I “highly” recommend Acronis True Image v.9 to all those looking for an imaging software. Consider ordering v.8 like I did from Tiger Direct and you may score a smoking deal on v.9. No bugs on my end. New image on new drive is a perfect reproduction and the XP OS in fact I am running on the new drive as I type this…Cheers.