IDE Busmaster Drivers

Originally posted by Georgekouk
[B]Thanks Olli,

Complete Success. Not only it solved my clonedvd issue but it also allowed me to install the newest nvidia drivers for my Geforce3 Ti 200 from Creative. In the past all I was getting whenever I tried to install them was system unable to boot.

Thanks again!!! [/B]

Could someone from the forum moderators please put it somewhere in the FAQs, or better as banner in this forum … “whenever you have any computer trouble, headaches, sour stomach, an ugly wife, a dead cat, … uninstall your Busmaster IDE driver crap!”
:smiley:

Sure

if your looking for fun, try playing with your joystick!

Is this some kind of joke?

Just purchased the bundle at slysoft and when I press the icon for clonedvd2 the program will not open. I uninstalled and it would not let me due to the program already running. Opened task manager and there were no open programs. I activated the keys per slysoft site and restarted my system with no luck. This was done ontop of the trial-it expired so I purchased and downloaded over the top of the trial to the new version 3.3.

vintaget

Hi Vintaget,
Welcome to the forums.
Did you reboot after installing the bundle?
The support at Slysoft is very good, just send an email to them about your problems and they will help.
When posting in these forums click on (start new thread), you will get much more help.
Dave

What is a Busmaster IDE driver?

True.
[U]
How to:[/U]

Go start, control panel.

Double cick system icon.

Click on the hardware tab, then on device manager.

Click on the cross by the IDE/ATAPI controllers

Right click on the Intel/VIA/Nvidia whatever controller(the part that isn’t the secondary or primary IDE channel), then right click, and select update driver.

On the hardware wizard, select the radio button that says: install from a list or specific location.

Select the [I]‘Don’t search, I will choose the driver to install’ [/I] radio button.

Select [I]‘Standard dual channel PCI IDE controller’[/I], then click next.

The new drivers will be installed.

Click Finish.

The computer will ask you to restart, DOOOOOO IIIIIIIIT!

OR, have a crappy slideshow:

CLICK

Why should we do this? Not to sure if i missed something.

Ollie,
You da man this solved all my clonedvd clonecd problems

Could you please add some more info on this. Really intrested to know how this would resolve any problems that I may encounter in the fuyure :slight_smile:

the last official version of clonedvd caused a problem on my pc. my burst rates on my dvd drives were lower and caused my burned dvd’s to stutter. i went and bought almost an entirely new pc cause I assumed it was the motherboard malfunctioning. i put it together, installed windows, and all the usual programs I use. Same problem with the low burst rates. Someone suggested I run devfilter.exe and remove whatever 3rd party programs I have listed as the upper/lower filters. lower filter showed elaborate bytes. i uninstalled clonedvd and the problem went away with that. I kept every other program except for clonedvd. clonedvd was updated in january and my problems started 2 months ago. whatever you guys did in that updated caused me to waste $600 on new computer parts. thanks a lot! I used Clonedvd for three years without a problem on several different pc’s until the last update. Now I use nero recode cause I edited. HATE CLONEDVD.

[quote=maxxjulie;2022007]the last official version of clonedvd caused a problem on my pc. my burst rates on my dvd drives were lower and causes my burned dvd’s to stutter. i went and bought almost an entirely new pc cause I assumed it was the motherboard malfunctioning. i put it together, installed windows, and all the usual programs I use. Same problem with the low burst rates. Someone suggested I run devfilter.exe and remove whatever 3rd party programs I have listed as the upper/lower filters. lower filter showed eborate bytes. i uninstalled clonedvd and the problem went away with that. clonedvd was updated in january and my problems started 2 months ago. whatever you guys did in that updated caused me to waste $600 on new computer parts. thanks a lot! I used Clonedvd for three years without a problem on several different pc’s until the last update. Now I use nero recode cause I edited HATE CLONEDVD.[/quote]Interesting you found the problem to be CloneDVD2. There have been other problems it has caused. One of them being BenQSuite.

Please do not use that language again here. :cop: You have a right to your opinion, if you don’t like it, don’t use it, just don’t use that language here, thankyou.

Wow…interesting, however, i looked through this thread twice, it was asked once “Why” we would need to do this…and although I understand the authors frustration about having to answer so many questions regarding “issues”. It would help if we understood what this action would solve. What types of dianostical symptoms would we see that this particular action would solve?

I only ask because I still have indigestion, the cat’s still buried in the garden and my ol’ lady wants some and trying to figure away out of it brought my headache back… so please, have mercy. What will uninstalling my IDE Busmaster Drivers fix?