Icon beta .0.5 monkey?

While I certainly think monkey’s are cute and all that, I don’t care for it as an icon. It is a bit confusing when you redesign the gui to make it better, and it certainly is better-it looks great, then you go to a monkey icon? Kinda inconsistent.

There was nothing wrong with the old DVDFab icon by the way.

So a big “YES” on the new look. A big “NO” on the monkey.

And yes I know, icons are not a big deal.

Jim

I guess it’s not a big deal, but have to agree. The monkey icon doesn’t really go to together with “Brand new user interface, more [B]professional![/B]” i think :slight_smile:

Except from that i find the new interface to be just fine, but i liked the old one just as much.

-neuz-

The icon with the monkey, I think it’s not so bad. Certainly the Fengtao & Ting is something conceived. I think the two, and their team have a little sarcassmus.
Why not?

[quote=Amiga Freak;1915908]The icon with the monkey, I think it’s not so bad. Certainly the Fengtao & Ting is something conceived. I think the two, and their team have a little sarcassmus.
Why not?[/quote]
I like it, and it will be an Icon many will want to have on their desktop. It will be very popular.:iagree:

The Monkey

In Chinese Astrology:
The Monkey
Monkeys can run circles around other people with ease. They are curious and clever people who catch on quickly to most anything. Monkey people generally can accomplish any given task. They appreciate difficult or challenging work as it stimulates them and makes them think

Well done tgidday,
This is what I mean. The two have thoroughly considered with certainty what symbol for their ingenious program is suitable. The humor may not understand by all the people.

EDIT:
@alan 1476: Yes, I think it is also good. Had to laugh. Others have used the fox and fangtao now the monkey. (Good idea)

I got there humor from the start of the “Monkey”-Fangtao and Ting and company give all the nah Sayers hell. Keep up the GREAT work.
By the way I am a “MONKEY” as well.

That’s one bad monkey :bigsmile:

In China where Fengtao is located they have
Year of the Monkey

This goes for people born in:
2016, 2004, 1992, 1980, 1968, 1956, 1944, 1932, 1920 and 1908. You are compatible with people born in the year of the Dragon and year of the Rat. Caution with partners born in year of the Tiger.
I have no idea whether this applys. Just guessing.

Well as i said it’s not a big deal for me and has nothing to do with understanding the humor or not. I don’t care that much if they add a chicken, a frog and a balloon as well, but if the goal is a more professional GUI i don’t think that will be of any help.

-neuz-

Not liking the monkey is not insulting nor being insenstive to anyone’s culture. If you want a child graphics program, well monkey away. However we have just been told that the software is moving to a more professional feel and look. Ok, then lose the monkey.

Do you think the head of commercial building inspection in Bejing shows up with a monkey emblem on his/her hard hat?

Probably not.

The monkey is cute. It doesn’t work as an icon for DVDFab.

You are entitled to your opinion, I happen to think its perfect. I love it.:iagree:

[QUOTE=alan1476;1915946]In China where Fengtao is located they have
[B]Year of the Monkey[/B]

This goes for people born in:
2016, 2004, 1992, 1980, 1968, 1956, 1944, 1932, 1920 and 1908. You are compatible with people born in the year of the Dragon and year of the Rat. Caution with partners born in year of the Tiger.
I have no idea whether this applys. Just guessing.[/QUOTE]In my Marlon Brando voice “I was born under the sign of the Monkey”.

Its something like the Zodiac signs. Very interesting really.:iagree:

[QUOTE=alan1476;1915966]Its something like the Zodiac signs. Very interesting really.:iagree:[/QUOTE]I see this info here at Chinese restaurants.

Of course they could have used a nice cat :wink:

It’s good that not all people have the same opinion.
Otherwise this was a boring world.

EDIT:
@Arachne: Yes, a nice cat like you (lol) :slight_smile: or like rolling56 ? :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=jsmiddleton4;1915949]Not liking the monkey is not insulting nor being insenstive to anyone’s culture. If you want a child graphics program, well monkey away. However we have just been told that the software is moving to a more professional feel and look. Ok, then lose the monkey.

Do you think the head of commercial building inspection in Bejing shows up with a monkey emblem on his/her hard hat?

Probably not.

The monkey is cute. It doesn’t work as an icon for DVDFab.[/QUOTE]
Just change yours to what ever you want with an icon editor.

Remember, this is the year of the pig, so it could be worse.:stuck_out_tongue:

[QUOTE=signals;1915986]Remember, this is the year of the pig, so it could be worse.:p[/QUOTE]or a donkey :bigsmile: The Central Missouri State University=Missouri Mules. I could never figure out why they never changed that mascot.