I want write on cd the first cd of sims 2

vbimport

Hi, sorry for my english, i’m italian.
I want write the sims 2 cd 1 iso on cd. I know that the first cd is protected with safedisc 3 . What i do for write it ?

Hi American horizon and welcome to the forums,

Firstly, get rid of your ISO and create a image with Alcohol 120% with the SafeDisc 2/3 datatype. ISOs cant hold the data needed to validate the copy. Create an image in Alcohol 120%s’ native format (.mdf) and burn with the SafeDisc 2/3 datatype and at 4x.

What CD unit do you use to read/write?

Regards

i use NEC 3500

Yes they can.
ISO is easily good enough to copy The Sims 2.

Cheers

Only if they are created correctly…therefore many ISOs do not. I would still recommend creating a new image using alcohol 120 or CloneCD.

Nec3500 can write in Safedisc 3 ?

It might do, but no guarentee. (every drive is different)

Try using alcohol 120% to create a backup as merther02 suggested - use safedisc profile and read and write at 4x speed.

Safedisc 2/3 profile is required.

Sorry, but i speak a bad english

Now i say all the story: I’ve downloaded the iso of "the sims 2 cd1"and it work correctly with drive emulator (daemon tool). The file is in mdf format. Now i want to save this iso on a cd. Can you say what i do exactly ?
If you want, post some screen too . Thankyou

Use Alcohol 120% to burn it. Select safedisc 2/3 profile in burning options.

simplest ?

Merther have write: “Firstly, get rid of your ISO and create a image with Alcohol 120% with the SafeDisc 2/3 datatype. ISOs cant hold the data needed to validate the copy. Create an image in Alcohol 120%s’ native format (.mdf) and burn with the SafeDisc 2/3 datatype and at 4x.” :eek: :rolleyes:

You said “The file is in mdf format.”
mdf format is Alcohol format.
So just burn as I said.

first copy: FAILED !
the game don’t start
What option i’ve to activate ?

The only thing I can suggest is to mount the image in Daemon Tools (if the image does indeed work when mounted) and then use Alcohol to create and burn an image of that mounted disc.

but why i have to create another image??
i’ve already the mdf file …

Yes they can.

You can buy the game
:cop:

American horizon, just read the review on NEC ND-3500A. It can’t make a working copy of any safedisk higher than like 2.5x, that means like 2-3 years old probably. NEC’s always been very bad at backing up safedisk, between the worst. Actually there’re like 2-3 drive models out there that can produce 99% exact safedisk 3.20 copies that will work on 99% other drives(yes, i’m speaking of that old 8/20 etc plextors). Other drives only produce partially working copies = no good. I don’t think it’ll work even with bad sector emulation from alcohol with 3500A… So best thing is to burn the image to cd/dvd and mount it when needed. You will not be anyhow able to burn an emulation free copy. And yes, iso format is more than enough for safedisk. So legal options are:

1. Mount image with Aclohol 120% from hdd or right off cd/dvd.
  2. Use gamejackal.
    So don’t waste your time trying to create image in some special way or something like that. If it works off the virtual, it’s good enough.
    Oh, btw, trying to burn at max speed and hoping to reproduce weak sectors accurately is generally a very bad idea even with those 99% success drives, not speaking of ND-3500A.

The same can be said for any image format.

Delete the ISO and go buy the game from a shop, then when you cannot get a working backup of your store bought game we may help you.

Please read the Forum Rules before you post again.