I want to clean my laptop

vbimport

I am going to open up my laptop to clean the dust out of it with compressed air, can any of ya’ll gimme some tips before I attempt this? I was reading somewhere about someone doing this and when they put it back together, their screen didn’t work no more, I don’t wanna run into problems like that. Thanks!

If you want you can just spray compressed air into all the holes around the sides, that should be good enough. Just remember to never hold the can of air upside down, that would allow water/moisture to spray out. Also if the can gets freezing cold and looses pressure just run it under hot water till it warms up.

Hi,[QUOTE=Ripgut;2513097]I am going to open up my laptop to clean the dust out of it with compressed air, can any of ya’ll gimme some tips before I attempt this? I was reading somewhere about someone doing this and when they put it back together, their screen didn’t work no more, I don’t wanna run into problems like that. Thanks![/QUOTE]at first, check if you can find a service manual for that laptop. Chances are good if this is a HP, Dell or IBM/Lenovo. For other brands, search the web for dismantling information (for example, irisvista.com has lots of instructions for Toshiba laptops).

Michael

Yeah, it’s a Compaq so I think there is a manual online.

[QUOTE=Ripgut;2513264]Yeah, it’s a Compaq so I think there is a manual online.[/QUOTE]That’s good. See if there is a service or mantenance manual. I guess, you don’t need to totally dismantle the laptop in order to clean fan and cooling assembly.

Michael

LMAO, I just air dusted my laptop and the cpu temps are 37°C, this is lower than when I first got my laptop by like 10°. I was at like 60°C before I decided to clean it, what a HUGE difference.