I Want This...Badly...Really Badly...Sigh

vbimport

A 50-pack of genuine That’s 8x DVD-R, only $40 + $20 shipping:

http://cgi.ebay.com/TAIYO-YUDEN-DVD-R-1-8x-4-7GB-50-DISCS-NEW-MADE-IN-JAPAN_W0QQitemZ120189883364QQihZ002QQcategoryZ80135QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247

Sigh. :sad:

Well, looks like someone in Italy snatched it.

[QUOTE=negritude;2045975]Well, looks like someone in Italy snatched it.[/QUOTE]

Geno? :bigsmile:

Hahaha has to be Geno :slight_smile:

I’m innocent :stuck_out_tongue:

I dont think Geno would spend 60.00 shipped for a 50 spindle of media. ( Maybe he would):iagree:

[QUOTE=alan1476;2046181]I dont think Geno would spend 60.00 shipped for a 50 spindle of media. ( Maybe he would):iagree:[/QUOTE]

My wallet (named “The Hulk”) will never allow me to do this :bigsmile:

I live in Japan, home of many brands of media favored by the cdfreaks crowd. In addition, I have access to USPS shipping. I just wonder if true MIJ media at higher costs than U.S. purchased media (I buy Verbatim 16X from U.S. sources when on sale and with free shipping, myself), along with this crowd’s esoteric needs, would make it worth my trouble. Or is there a wider market for this media than I might expect?

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks/torataka

[QUOTE=torataka;2046566]I just wonder if true MIJ media at higher costs than U.S. purchased media (I buy Verbatim 16X from U.S. sources when on sale and with free shipping, myself), along with this crowd’s esoteric needs, would make it worth my trouble.[/QUOTE]

Not really worth your trouble. We can easily get genuine unbranded Taiyo Yuden here in the states, it’s just that the novelty aspect of getting branded That’s media is something that gets us excited, but we’re not really going to pay that much of a premium for it. The true freaks like me already have large stashes of MIJ, MIS, and other media that will last us until Blu-Ray completely takes over in 10 years, so we hunt for the rare stuff mostly for fun. We don’t need the media, we’d just like to get our hands on the media, within certain parameters. The limit for me is about $0.50 USD per single-layer disk, which is $25 USD per 50 and $50 USD per 100. I might consider paying that for some That’s spindles, but please, don’t go to any trouble. I and no one else here really needs them that bad.

I misread the thread title and thought it said, “I Want You…Badly…Really Badly…Sigh” - LOL

[QUOTE=Dalen Quaice;2046742]I misread the thread title and thought it said, “I Want You…Badly…Really Badly…Sigh” - LOL[/QUOTE]

LOL :bigsmile: :clap:

[quote=torataka;2046566]I live in Japan, home of many brands of media favored by the cdfreaks crowd. In addition, I have access to USPS shipping. I just wonder if true MIJ media at higher costs than U.S. purchased media (I buy Verbatim 16X from U.S. sources when on sale and with free shipping, myself), along with this crowd’s esoteric needs, would make it worth my trouble. Or is there a wider market for this media than I might expect?

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks/torataka[/quote]
I think if you could create a source for " Thats Media" at a competitive price you would do very well. People all over the USA look for Made in Japan Taiyo Yuden Made Media and I believe they would pay a small premium for " Thats" ( Made by Taiyo Yuden, Just my thoughts.

a fool and his $60 are soon…

I guess it’s just me but I don’t see the point of spending that much money on it when you can get 100 pack of the unbranded ones for $32 shipped. To me it’s just not worth it to have the label on the discs when there is such a huge price difference.