I want both connection in One PC

vbimport

Hello All,
I have one PC they have one NIC and two USB port I want internet through USB and Local LAN through NIC But problem is this the IP of Local LAN is Class A and Internet provider IP is Class C.
I configure but both connection is not work at asame time.
Pls provide the solution…

Thanks

[QUOTE=ashish_ku_sharma;2481360]Hello All,
I have one PC they have one NIC and two USB port I want internet through USB and Local LAN through NIC But problem is this the IP of Local LAN is Class A and Internet provider IP is Class C.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

So what kinda connection are you trying to connect to? It’s confusing to try to figure out what your trying to do exactly. Can you be more clear? Do you have a switch or router that conects to your local IP or how is your setup that your using to connect to the internet? As in what kinda equipment are you using between your computer and the IP provider? Know what hardware your using would better give a clearer picture of what your trying to do? What do you mean by “Class A and Class C”???

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2481367] What do you mean by “Class A and Class C”???[/QUOTE]This: http://www.faqs.org/docs/linux_network/x-087-2-issues.ip-addresses.html

Michael

Hi,[QUOTE=ashish_ku_sharma;2481360]
[/QUOTE]Try this:
Configure your LAN connection either for a fixed IP in your local network, or set it to get the IP automatically and make sure you adjusted the values of the DHCP server and the gateway as required in your LAN. In doubt, ask your network administrator.

The USB device you want to use for your internet access: How is this recognised? As modem or as network card? In case you are running Windows, I’d suggest to use the “assistant for Internet connections” for proper setup.

Michael

Class A means The Ip used in Range of 1 to 126
For ex-11.x.x.x
Class C means the Ip add used in range of 192.-224
for ex 192.x.x.x

[QUOTE=mciahel;2481379]This: http://www.faqs.org/docs/linux_network/x-087-2-issues.ip-addresses.html

Michael[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately I don’t use linux so I don’t know about the class listing. But it would good to know if the OP mention what O/S they are using. I never had to do that to use my internet or connect to my ISP provider since I use Win7. Guess that why I didn’t notice what they were talking about Class…

[QUOTE=ashish_ku_sharma;2481360]Hello All,

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Just try this

or

Procedure:

Connect USB NIC on USB port. Now you have an extra nic:

Assign DHCP to USB NIC.

Directly connect USB NIC to Modem of Internet Service Provider

Assign Local Lan fixed ip adress to local NIC (something like 192.168.100.10). Subnetmask 255.255.255.0. If you want internet via this local lan, gateway is ip adress of the internet modem, dns is dns of internet service provider.

Hi,[QUOTE=coolcolors;2481475]Unfortunately I don’t use linux so I don’t know about the class listing. [/quote]Network classes are OS independent.
See also post #5.

But it would good to know if the OP mention what O/S they are using. I never had to do that to use my internet or connect to my ISP provider since I use Win7.
You also have your computer connected to two different networks? That’s what the thread starter wants. :wink:

Michael