I want a perfect 1:1 dvd copy

vbimport

hi i am a newbie and i have been wanting to backup my dvd collection for a couple months now and im ready to get around to it. i have imgburn and i have any dvd i want a perfect 1:1 copy as if im popping in the same dvd im using dual layer verbatim dvd+r DL please advise on how best to proceed

thanks
slash

Verbatim DVD+R DL is called double layer media.
You cannot achieve a perfect 1:1 copy.

You can copy 100% of the movie on the source disk 1:1 to another one, that spossible.

Create a valid ISO from the source using AnyDVD or DVDDecrypter and burn that to another media that fits the original size.

Why is it not possible to do a 1:1 copy?

I for example use AnyDVD and then ImgBurn to ‘read’ and then ImgBurn to burn to dual layer. How is that not a 1:1 copy?

[QUOTE=BoSox2882;2498925]Why is it not possible to do a 1:1 copy?

I for example use AnyDVD and then ImgBurn to ‘read’ and then ImgBurn to burn to dual layer. How is that not a 1:1 copy?[/QUOTE]

Because its only a copy of the DATA, nothing else…

[QUOTE=BoSox2882;2498925]Why is it not possible to do a 1:1 copy?

I for example use AnyDVD and then ImgBurn to ‘read’ and then ImgBurn to burn to dual layer. How is that not a 1:1 copy?[/QUOTE]

There is no such thing as 1:1 copy but as chef says all you need is the data to match the data on the source dvd and that is close as you come to 1:1 match. Only other way you get 1:1 dvd matching is to buy another dvd then you have 1:1 matching. If you do all the copy and backup correctly and go dvd5 to dvd5 and dvd9 to dvd9 without errors and with quality media and safe burning speed your end result should come out and play just like original dvd on standalone player.