I use nero and DVD dycripter (Teac DV-W516G PUK/External)

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the Teac DV-W516G PUK/External. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]okay i use dvd dycripter and nero, I do want to rip and make copys of my movies cause i let my family barow them, and there kids get ahold of them, you get the point?

butt i dont no how to do it at all. i no i have everything for it, i just baught this computer two days ago, the guy showed me but he was in such a hurry i couldnt even understand him. lol. please help me. thank you.

You could try the following as one option. Posts #67 to #74, but please also read Post #78 & ask any questions here.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/dvdfab-5-0-2-2-not-ready-big-league-245636/index3.html

No shame in using DVDDecrypter, but it is fairly outdated now, and there are many protection schemes on dvds that it cannot handle on its own.

If you want a free option, look at DVDFab HD Decrypter. Beef has given you a link to go through the steps of decryption/ripping to the hard drive with it. DVDFab HD Decrypter is the free section of DVDFab. Be aware that as you use the free section, you will be using up the free trial to the main part of the program, but the free section will continue to function even after the 30 day trial.

Once you have the movie on the hard drive you may have to compress it to fit onto a regular single layer dvd. DVDShrink can do this for you and is free. Find it at www.mrbass.org and look through the guides to using it.

If you have the full burning suite from Nero you could also use Nero Recode for compression.