I upgraded to Windows 8 pro upgrade with free product key now asks to "activate windows"?

vbimport

I upgraded to Windows 8 pro upgrade with free product key now asks to “activate windows”?

I used a free product key that I found online to upgrade my windows 8 to windows 8 pro but now it asks me to “activate windows” and it says that the product key is invalid or something, I tried doing a system refresh but that didn’t help, would restoring to factory settings help? Any other ideas? I don’t need windows 8 pro but I just want my fully functioning windows 8 back.

Thank You

[QUOTE=Terrell;2739928]I upgraded to Windows 8 pro upgrade with free product key now asks to “activate windows”?

I used a free product key that I found online to upgrade my windows 8 to windows 8 pro but now it asks me to “activate windows” and it says that the product key is invalid or something, I tried doing a system refresh but that didn’t help, would restoring to factory settings help? Any other ideas? I don’t need windows 8 pro but I just want my fully functioning windows 8 back.

Thank You[/QUOTE]

Really a free Product Key for Windows 8 pro? You should talk to whom you bought the Product Key from to verify the authenticity of the Product Key. AFAIK there is nothing like a “Free” Product Key you pay either a upgrade fee or Retail purchase to get the Product Key or there is some cost with the upgrade.