I have been able to run the scandisc test, and the benchmark test.
When I run the disc quality test. Nothing happens, I press the button and the button greys out but I see nothing happening. So I click stop.
- And I find that I cannot close the Nero CD-DVD program.
- I try to CTRL-ALT-DEL the Nero CD-DVD program and it will not close.
- I try to open firefox, and firefox does not appear to open. But it shows up in CTRL-ALT-DEL
- I tell the computer to shut down but it doesnt.
- I am forced to do a hard reset.
I am using a new BenQ 1650. With Win XP MCE
Maybe this is a driver issue? Maybe not.