I think I screwed my Pioneer 112d

Hi a few days ago I crossflashed my drive to Buffalo 8.21 firmware , I realized that new backups starting to freeze and some didnt play at all on my dvd player, I reverted to native 1.09 but fw the problem is still there. using the same software.any ideas.,thanks

It could be the media that you are using as some dvd players are very picky at what type your are using - or + R’s so did you change the media that you were using, because I am sure that flashing to the 112L 821 FW isn’t your problem:confused::confused:

[QUOTE=ajua;1923077]Hi a few days ago I crossflashed my drive to Buffalo 8.21 firmware , I realized that new backups starting to freeze and some didnt play at all on my dvd player, I reverted to native 1.09 but fw the problem is still there. using the same software.any ideas.,thanks[/QUOTE]

That proves that is is NO firmware issue at all.

[QUOTE=Jimbo;1923096]It could be the media that you are using as some dvd players are very picky at what type your are using - or + R’s so did you change the media that you were using, because I am sure that flashing to the 112L 821 FW isn’t your problem:confused::confused:[/QUOTE]
Thanks for your reply but using same media SONY-D21-00

[QUOTE=ajua;1923157]Thanks for your reply but using same media SONY-D21-00[/QUOTE]

Actually the Pioneer 112 does well with that Sony Media, However i agree with the rest of them it does’nt sound media related. You can put it back to your original Pioneer drive and see. It not easy to find the Kernels/Flasher to do that for you. I had to make my own and mines a lil different then yours because the external model is the DVR-X122 and even Kobe’s pkg to goto buffalo only worked on my drive to get to v8.06 only. I had to do the rest to make it goto 8.21. I guess thats why crossing flashing is like gambling in Las Vegas, Some win, Some lose. Good Luck anyway.

You have not told us what software you are using or the specs you have on your computer, frezzing could be caused by alot of things but as _chef_ has said it doesn't sound firmware related.

[QUOTE=alan1476;1923169]You have not told us what software you are using or the specs you have on your computer, frezzing could be caused by alot of things but as chef has said it doesn’t sound firmware related.[/QUOTE]

No biggie only that my home system really liked that sony media burnt with this drive , no maxel no ty no verbatim, a little picky I have to admit…
Software used: nero 6605 Dvd Srink 3.2 Any DVD 6160’

Thanks again for all your replies… Regards from Monterrey Mexico:iagree:

[quote=ajua;1923179]No biggie only that my home system really liked that sony media burnt with this drive , no maxel no ty no verbatim, a little picky I have to admit…
Software used: nero 6605 Dvd Srink 3.2 Any DVD 6160’

Thanks again for all your replies… Regards from Monterrey Mexico:iagree:[/quote] LOL, if I were in Monterrey, the last thing I would be doing is sitting in front of my computer, I am jealous.:bow: