I think i screwed my dru-v200s

[qanda]This thread is about the Sony DVD±RW Double Layer Drive Bay Unit. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]hi, hello,i m just a regular guest here…now a member :)…i think i screwed my sony dru-v200s drive.i flashed the drive with Optiarc AD-7200S firmware 1.83 using necflash.after that i started getting burn errors at 8%,then i flashed it again with the sony dru-v200s (the one i dumped using necflash before flashing)…pls can somebody help me out…:sad:

is there a way to remove the firmware…please i kindly ask for ur help

Hi,

if you could remove the firmware, then the drive would be definitely dead.

Have you already tried known-good media like Verbatim? Maybe it’s just a media issue in coincidence with your crossflashing attempt.

Michael

thank you for ur reply…i m using gimik type media its cheap,verbatim is very expensive here in my country…i had no problems…when i bought the dvd writer before flashing it,well recently i tried burning using a gimik disk and it burn’s successfully but it wont read…any suggestion’s…& is there a way to restore the firmware to its previous state.

Hi,[QUOTE=u-ultima;2235057]thank you for ur reply…i m using gimik type media its cheap,verbatim is very expensive here in my country…[/quote]you can’t afford cheap media. Really. Assuming known good media costs twice the price of these cheak blanks, and if there is a 50% bad burns rate, then the price advantage has vanished.
You might also try Sony discs, perhaps these are slightly cheaper than the Verbatim.

i had no problems…when i bought the dvd writer before flashing it,well recently i tried burning using a gimik disk and it burn’s successfully but it wont read…
So this is clearly a media issue.
any suggestion’s…& is there a way to restore the firmware to its previous state.
Since you flashed back to the original Sony firmware, you should be fine.

Michael

Maybe lowering your burn speed could help to. I have noticed slowing to 4X on cheaper media will get you better results since price in your country is a drawback. Good Luck

[QUOTE=mciahel;2235120]Hi,you can’t afford cheap media. Really. Assuming known good media costs twice the price of these cheak blanks, and if there is a 50% bad burns rate, then the price advantage has vanished.
You might also try Sony discs, perhaps these are slightly cheaper than the Verbatim.
So this is clearly a media issue. Since you flashed back to the original Sony firmware, you should be fine.

Michael[/QUOTE]

i used the nec bin flash to flash back…does this means that it is back to its original state…

[QUOTE=u-ultima;2235650]i used the nec bin flash to flash back…does this means that it is back to its original state…[/QUOTE]:iagree: Yes :slight_smile:

thanks for ur help

mciahel,well today when i tried burning i got the following error…does this mean i really screwed my dvd writer

Unfortunately, we must close this thread at this point. While it is possible to make your own copy of Windows XP as an ISO, you must own the original and have a license for it to discuss such things on this forum. This particular ISO is not legal and is widely distributed on the torrent sites.