I am getting 0.10 second hesitations symultaniously in audio and video if I touch ConvertXtoDVD PAL to NTSC output with NeroVision or Nero Recode. Otherwise the ConvertX output plays fine, and NeroVision PAL to NTSC or Nero Recode compression play fine. I am playing the videos off the hard disk using Nero Showtime and/or MPC.
I have the latest commercial ConvertXtoDVD, and a fully updated commercial Nero 6 Ultra Edition v18.104.22.168 package.
I did the following:
1) Rip 9GB PAL DVD with DVD Decrypter.
2) Used ConvertXtoDVD to Convert PAL 9GB VOB to NTSC 9GB VOB (no compression).
3) Used NeroVision to Snip part of one of the ConvertX NTSC VOB files (Took 300K out of the middle of a 1GB file), and had NeroVision encode the result to a VOB file . This file plays, but it has consistent ~0.1 second hesitations every 1 second. These hesitations are in both the audio and video. Otherwise, the audio and video stay synced and play for the duration of the subvideo. Is there some parameter to set in ConvertXtoDVD so this won't happen? (Or a nero setting)?
4) Used Nero Recode2 (commercial Nero 6, latest version) to compress the ConvertXtoDVD output from step 2). Compression was from 9 GB to 5 GB. The resulting output had exactly the same flaw as step 3, so the problem seems to be in the interface between ConvertX codec output or Nero's codec.
5) If I leave ConvertX PAL to NTSC out of the process, NeroVision will snip DVDDecrypter PAL VOBs and change them to NTSC, and the result will play without the hesitation.
6) If I leave the ConvertX PAL to NTSC out of the process, Nero Recode will compress the PAL 9GB to PAL 5GB and the result will play without a problem.
So Nero alone is successful, Nero with ConvertX isn't. I prefer to use ConvertX where I can because it saves many steps!!