I successfully copied Morrowind (SD 2.51)! With a burner not on the list

I just copied a 1:1 copy of Elder Scrolls 3 Morrowind. I used my Polaroid BurnMAX40EX and it worked perfectly. I used the SafeDisc 2.51 AWS profile that can be downloaded on the forum. I felt like sharing cause its my first successful 1:1 copy. So does this mean that my burner can copy all SD 2 (.51) games or did it only get lucky :smiley: ?

Chances are that your CD Writer is a one sheep burner. So I don’t think you were lucky, you just did it right.:slight_smile:

Just cause its not listed it means its untested, so ppl, don’t get discouraged from trying if you’re burner is not listed, be optimistic, it could mean that its a rebadged supported writer (and etc). Then try it with a CDRW and see what happens.

Of course really old 4x and 8x writers I highly doubt. Also, I don’t know if Ollie accepts submissions for these stuff but see if you can send your writer and info bout it, it’ll help build the database.

Originally posted by elite_forces
I just copied a 1:1 copy of Elder Scrolls 3 Morrowind. I used my Polaroid BurnMAX40EX and it worked perfectly. I used the SafeDisc 2.51 AWS profile that can be downloaded on the forum. I felt like sharing cause its my first successful 1:1 copy. So does this mean that my burner can copy all SD 2 (.51) games or did it only get lucky :smiley: ?

The list in the Down and Dirty sticky is of 2 sheep writers that don’t need AWS. If yours worked with AWS for sd2.51 it will probably work with AWS for other sd2.51+ games at least up to sd2.7x but there aren’t any guarantees.

As for sd2.8x, I’m afraid you don’t have much chance though possibly you could try one of the following methods:

[list=1]
[li]Make an image of the cd with discdump and burn it with blindwrite using either dao pq or dao pw and with “Enhance weak sectors” checked.
[/li][li]Use cd-mate with safedisc 2 settings and with S.A.M. checked.
[/li][/list=1]

Either of these methods may work but you’ll need to be lucky.

Originally posted by elite_forces
I heard the Polaroid CDRW drives are re-badged Liteon drives. If true you should be able to make 1:1 copies. Try burning with the Default Game profile, i.e. no AWS. Use a CDRW disc so you don’t waste CDRs.

Try burning with the Default Game profile, i.e. no AWS.

As far as I can see the Default Game profile uses AWS.

Cheers

If it is a re-badged Lite-on then it is a 2 sheep burner and you should disable AWS from the writer settings sheet and then just use the game cd profile. KitnaIsntHappy is correct in saying that the default profile uses AWS but, of course, it won’t do so if disabled in the settings sheet.

Originally posted by KitnaIsntHappy
[B]
As far as I can see the Default Game profile uses AWS.

Cheers [/B]
My mistake! Here in the USA we have to take extra measures to enable AWS. The AWS option is not normally available for the Game profile. I need AWS for my Cyberdrive and SD 2.51 but I still forgot the AWS option was in that profile. Sorry about that.

I’ve also made a backup of Morrowind. I did mine with the standard Game CD profile in CloneCD 4.0.1.10 and my Sony 48x12x48 drive (model CRX210A1). My firmware is 2YS1. Don’t know if this is old news or not but I figured I’d toss it out there.

That’s indeed no surprise Nilt since Sony also uses rebadged Lite-On drives and sell them under their own brand. That’s why your drive has no problems with SafeDisc 2.51 and up.

Originally posted by G@M3FR3@K
That’s indeed no surprise Nilt since Sony also uses rebadged Lite-On drives and sell them under their own brand. That’s why your drive has no problems with SafeDisc 2.51 and up.

Great. That’s what I thought but seeing as I’m not as up on the CD-RW market as other aspects of computers, I wasn’t going to assume anything. One way or the other I didn’t see it in that list (which I found last night after I posted here).