I recently deleted some things fromy pc and now my drives wont work

vbimport

hi does anyone know what i’ve done? i recently deleted some things fromy pc and now my drives wont work
_NEC DVD+RWND-1100A
AVX CD/DVD-ROMSCSICd Rom Device
HL-DT-ST DVD-ROMGD128162B

HERES WHAT COMES UP WHEN I GO INTO DEVICE MANAGER;

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device.:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Hi and welcome aboard!

Can you perhaps tell us what the stuff was you’ve deleted. These drives just need the standard Windows IDE/ATAPI drivers to function properly, nothing more!

I’ve seen this problem happening before, sometimes totally out of the blue. By deleting the devices from the device manager and rebooting the system, the drives will most likely be reinstalled by Windows and work fine again. Give it a try I’d say!

Unless you have ventured into the catacombs of the Windows folder or deleted a file which needed to be there then it could be a problem with the registry. I had a code 39 a week ago and a downloaded this, and then it worked perfectly.

Good Luck! :slight_smile:

i deleted windows media player !! since then it wont work?
ive tried deleting the devices and rebooting but this has had no effect ??:a :a :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :a :a :a

Originally posted by micky.t.1
i deleted windows media player !! since then it wont work?
ive tried deleting the devices and rebooting but this has had no effect ??:a :a :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :a :a :a

Too bad, but euh… give the link provided by $CyBeRwIz$ a try and again, see what happens :slight_smile:

Same exact thing happened to me…please help me…how did you resolve your issue … can you please help me…thank you…did the link given by $CyBeRwIz$ work for you???

unfortunately the link left by cyberwiz did not help me i have been advised i need to re format the whole pc and run windows xp recovery disk, hope this helps :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Have you tried System Restore?

This might fix the problems. I can’t remember if it only fixes problems with core windows files though. If you are planning to format then give it ago.

Check this Microsoft knowledgebase article.

Success!!!..
Bless your precious soul … it worked!!!..everyone should be made aware of this problem and solution…thank you so much for your help…by the way…WINDOWS SUCK

I’m quite sure that the program in the link changes those registry values automatically. That’s what it did for me.