I OWN Red Alert 2 but

vbimport

Howdy all....

I bought Red Alert 2 and I wanted to make a copy but couldn't, cause my burner doesn't support efm encoding or AWS, but it does support Rawdao +96......

So I wanted to make a copy onto tha hardrive, and be able to run it without tha cd, I've tried sommothose patches n stuff but to no avail....

Any help would be appreciated...... :cool:

You could use Daemon Tools to mount the image and run from harddrive.

:slight_smile: Thanx airhead…I suppose the only way to do what I want to do I would have to have a proggy like Daemon tools or insektors or sumthing like that running in tha background?

Yep. Or no. :slight_smile:

:Z Dam, kinda wanted to avoid that if posseeble, oh well I’ll just be thankful I CAN do it lol. I tried Betablocker and it didn’t work, although maybe I didn’t set tha sektor number right or sumthing.

Haha, U from Sweden boy? Kool, Mats Sundin is HOT! (I don’t mean hot as in sexy, I mean a good hockey player lol)

What do you mean AWS doesn’t work with your writer? I thought it was compatible with all writers.

Originally posted by bucly
: I tried Betablocker and it didn’t work, although maybe I didn’t set tha sektor number right or sumthing.

If i remember correctly, RA 2 gives bad sectors for the first 10.000 sectors or something. You should use BB to scan up to this and then patch. The default setting is up to 1000 sectors, but that won’t do it… Try it, it worked for me just fine :wink:

Originally posted by Wiz486
What do you mean AWS doesn’t work with your writer? I thought it was compatible with all writers.

Maybe it works but it didn’t make a working copy of RA2…

Originally posted by hemispasm

If i remember correctly, RA 2 gives bad sectors for the first 10.000 sectors or something. You should use BB to scan up to this and then patch. The default setting is up to 1000 sectors, but that won’t do it… Try it, it worked for me just fine :wink:

Thx bro, I’ll try that…

Nope, still no good…went up to 20000 sektors…

bucly it would help if you’d mention the writer you have. BetaBlocker doesn’t work with a lot of drives. I would recommend using CloneCD 4 (latest beta). Read the disc at a safe 4x and then write at 4x with AWS enabled (this is enabled by default for most writers). Report back if you need some more help but please provide some details.

Man, even my Ricoh MP7163A could copy RA2 without any AWS and it has a Samsung chip (it’s the only thing I don’t tell people) :wink:

Sorry, DUH, I guess this is sumthin I should tell u guys…

I got a HP 9100, and I used clonecd4 with AWS, I burned it at full speed…I’ll try slower but I’m runnin out of cds lol

I did read tha image file with the cdburner 2…

Ouch, HP … :wink: Good luck! :wink:

Originally posted by G@M3FR3@K
Ouch, HP … :wink: Good luck! :wink:

Are they THAT Bad? Should I even bother tryin to copy RA2----waste of time and cds?

Most attempts I’ve seen trying to copy SafeDisc 2 with HP writers failed. They’re about the worst writers for SafeDisc 2, let alone SafeDisc 2.51…

Ouch, that hurts. Wonder what a Liteon would cost out here in Canada…might have to check it out!

AWS doesn’t work with all drives.
It doesn’t work with the Sony CRX 140E for example.

Cheers

“Most attempts I’ve seen trying to copy SafeDisc 2 with HP writers failed. They’re about the worst writers for SafeDisc 2, let alone SafeDisc 2.51…”

Not all HP writers. For example, my HP 9100c (NOT 9100b) can copy old SD2 without AWS!

Originally posted by Supi Suomalaine
[B]“Most attempts I’ve seen trying to copy SafeDisc 2 with HP writers failed. They’re about the worst writers for SafeDisc 2, let alone SafeDisc 2.51…”

Not all HP writers. For example, my HP 9100c (NOT 9100b) can copy old SD2 without AWS! [/B]

I think mine is 9100c, at least the firmware is 1.0c anyways…how did U do it?