I/o magic dvd +/- r/rw 8x HELP!

vbimport

I'm using dvd x copy xpress to try to back a movie and i keep getting the following error message.

Error occured reading sectors!Data: 1/0

what's wrong? do i need a firmware update? if so from where? i have already tried this with 2 discs and they're both a no go. i just bought this drive 3 days ago so please help me quick, just in case its the drive that's bad so i can go return it.

Maybe the original discs you’re trying to read from are scratched or something. If there are errors on it i dont think there’s a way to read through them.

Using other software and/or doing a firmware update wont hurt though.

how do i do the firmware update for this drive? i went to the maker’s website and they didn’t have anything new.

what’s the rating on this drive?

Hi there,I just bought one of these and after a day of playing with i returned it.I read a review on it in maxumum pc and they gave it a 5 out of 10.Its a terrible burner ,id return it and get something better.Im sure someone on this forum can point you in the right direction.I bought a LG4040b and its way better!cheap to :cool:

Originally posted by Rumpity_Z28
Hi there,I just bought one of these and after a day of playing with i returned it.I read a review on it in maxumum pc and they gave it a 5 out of 10.Its a terrible burner ,id return it and get something better.Im sure someone on this forum can point you in the right direction.I bought a LG4040b and its way better!cheap to :cool:

i bought it for 80 bucks and still have $50 in M.I.R. is this drive still not worth it? please let me know!!!

Woe so you bought it for 80 buks and still have a rebat coming lol thats killer.Ive read around here that i/o magic may be shifty with there rebates.Do some more research on it.but for that price heck id keep it.Does that mean after the rebate that you only paid 30 bux?

Heres a thread on the burner if its the same one,but its the one i returned
http://www.maximumpc.com/reviews/optical_drives/review_2004-01-02.html

Originally posted by Rumpity_Z28
Woe so you bought it for 80 buks and still have a rebat coming lol thats killer.Ive read around here that i/o magic may be shifty with there rebates.Do some more research on it.but for that price heck id keep it.Does that mean after the rebate that you only paid 30 bux?

yes, that’s what i did. bought it for 80 bucks and have 50 bucks in MIR so it’ll come out to be $30 if the rebates go through.

thanks for the link on the drive’s reviews

any more reviews or threads where this drive was discussed?

The I/O Magic drives if they come with Pinnacle software bundled are usually Optorite OEM drives.
Yours could be the DD0401.

A review here:

OptoRite DD0401 8x DVD±RW