I/O Magic Drives not LightScribing

Hey guys I just purchased 3 LightScribe drives from I/O Magic and can burn CDs but I have not been able to get the lightscribe functions to work. I went through techsupport at I/O Magic and was eventually told to RMA the drives, but I would still like to find out if I can get them to work from the experts. The Specs on the drive are as follows.

I/O Magic Part Number: 42582F
http://www.iomagic.com/Products/show_all_results.asp?ProdID=IDVD18DLSE

It shows up in my computer as
TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S202N USB Device

The firmware is the latest SB01

I’ve used all of the lightscribe diagnostics and it says the drive is fine but I keep getting an “Internal Error” when using Nero 7 and error 4225 when using the lightscribe websites labeling software.

Thanks for any help you can give me,
James

Welcome to the forum, James! :slight_smile:

Rebadged Samsung drives. :slight_smile:

OK, so it looks like you’ve done all the right things, have the latest host software installed etc.

Only thing left to check is the media, since all three drives are exhibiting the same symptoms, which is odd.

So, just to rule that in or out, what media are you using?

Another thing to try, since the drives are external, would be hooking them up to a different PC if you can. :slight_smile:

[quote=Arachne;1986448]Welcome to the forum, [B]James[/B]! :slight_smile:

Rebadged Samsung drives. :slight_smile:

OK, so it looks like you’ve done all the right things, have the latest host software installed etc.

Only thing left to check is the media, since all three drives are exhibiting the same symptoms, which is odd.

So, just to rule that in or out, what media are you using?

Another thing to try, since the drives are external, would be hooking them up to a different PC if you can. :)[/quote]

I’ve tried two different PCs so far. One of them had a lot of security controls on it while the other was pretty much open so I don’t think it was the computer. The media I am using it the Verbatim 52X CD-Rs could those be a problem? I will try to find another manufacturer of media from another section where I work to make sure. Thanks for the tips.

Wow, I’d be surprised if the Verbies were the problem, but it’s always worth checking another manufacturer.

Good to hear you checked on another PC, so that’s that ruled out. Let us know if another make of disc helps :wink:

I was using 52x Color Verbatim CDs and now I’ve also tried a 52x verbatim gold CD and still had the same problems. I know the gold ones have worked in other people’s drives.

I’ve thought about cracking one of the cases open and installing the drive manually.

Hi everybody. This is my first post, but I also am having problems with my new IOMagic LightScribe drive. The model number is IDVD20DLSE, and my DeviceManager lists it as a TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S202N USB Device. I believe I installed it correctly, and it has the latest firmware (SB01) listed on the website. The LightScribe Diagnostic Utility says everything’s fine.

I try to burn the LightScribe image, using either Nero or Lightscribe software, and get a “4225 error”.

I’m using HP LightScribe media.

I’ve tried loading this external USB drive on both my iMac and my PC (which is really the iMac booted into Windows XP). I had thought that putting the drive on a USB hub might be an issue, so I made sure to connect the USB connector for the drive directly into the back of the system.

Thanks!

Sounds like IOMagic might have let a bad batch of LS drives get out into the market. :confused: