I/O Magic 16x External DVD Burner w/LightScribe - Rebadged BenQ DW1655 - $44.99 + Shipping - I/O Magic Factory Outlet

vbimport

These come direct from I/O Magic and are brand new:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-IN-BOX-16x-External-DVD-RW-Drive-With-LightScribe_W0QQitemZ250150317256QQihZ015QQcategoryZ44955QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

I’m 99% sure it will be a BenQ DW1655. Did I/O Magic ever bundle another 16x Lightscribe burner in these boxes?

Other than Light Scribe, how does this stack up against the Benq 1640?

And how do they compare to the most recent Lite-On burners? (Sony 8x Taiyo Yuden +R and Staples 8x CMC +R blanks)

[quote=negritude;2006554]These come direct from I/O Magic and are brand new:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-IN-BOX-16x-External-DVD-RW-Drive-With-LightScribe_W0QQitemZ250150317256QQihZ015QQcategoryZ44955QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

I’m 99% sure it will be a BenQ DW1655. Did I/O Magic ever bundle another 16x Lightscribe burner in these boxes?[/quote]
Thats over 50 bucks for a drive thats not guaranteed to be a BenQ. I agree it is most likely but who knows what I/O Magic puts in those boxes, I don’t and I wouldn’t take a chance at that price especially on Ebay. Maybe you could call I/O Magic and ask them what rebadges they are, heres their website, I have sure they have an 800 number in it.
http://www.iomagic.com/

If it were an internal drive with same specs from I/O would it definitely be a Benq 1655?

I really do not think there is anyway of telling until you open the box, or at least see it ( the box), there used to be a few ways of telling whether it was a Liteon or an LG or a BenQ but buying on Ebay you will be stuck with what you get.

yeah Alan i think i would pass on this unless someone has the money to blow

[QUOTE=Smoks;2006813]If it were an internal drive with same specs from I/O would it definitely be a Benq 1655?[/QUOTE]

Actually, no. The external model w/LS is more likely to be a BenQ than any of the internal models. They mixed up the internal models a great deal, but they had at most two models for the external. So, in terms of chances, the external is the safer bet no matter what.

[QUOTE=alan1476;2006719]Thats over 50 bucks for a drive thats not guaranteed to be a BenQ. I agree it is most likely but who knows what I/O Magic puts in those boxes, I don’t and I wouldn’t take a chance at that price especially on Ebay. Maybe you could call I/O Magic and ask them what rebadges they are…[/QUOTE]

We already know what the they are. All the people who have bought the 16x model have gotten almost nothing but BenQ DW1655s, with the slim possibility, if I remember, of a Lite-On.

I got a Samsung SH-S182M when I bought my I/O Magic ‘16X Lightscribe External’. And yes, before you ask, the box did say 16X.

Too risky and too expensive even for a hard to find lauded benq drive

There are much better drives in the market right now for $50.00. :wink:
Spending $50.00 on a drive from :Z Ebay is a waste!
Why don’t you buy one of those and report back to us if it’s indeed a external Benq 1655. I bet it’s a Liteon drive! :stuck_out_tongue: :slight_smile: