I/O Errors

vbimport

Hello,

I am having an issue with DVD Decrypter and an I/O error.

I have used Decrypter just a short while and have had success making I.S.O
images for back-up with movies such as King Kong and Cinderella Man.

My current task isn’t going so well, I am currently working on Backing up Cowboy Bebop " The Perferct Sessions". The first disc of the series went off without a hitch but the second recieves an I/O error about 44 % of the way through.

I will have to repeat the process as i do not have any specific log that went with the error on hand to post right now and that’s probably important info.

Things I have tried…

cleaning the disc (worked before with my first encounter with I/O errors)
Ignoring the I/O errors ( 7 hours later it only progressed 2%)

I suspect this is a pirated DVD in the first place though i really dont know how to tell.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Thank You

How is the disc lookin i mean has it a purple dye or is it pressed silver?
Anyways if it’s pressed it doesn’t mean that this disc isn’t a pirate nowadays they’re very good copies available.

I guess the disc has dust traces or scratches.
Some DVD drives (especially LiteOns) have a better error correction than others do, and burners usually have a better error correction than read-only drives. You might just have more luck ripping the disc with another drive.

rapid fire,

the disc look goldish bronze in color so whatever that means.

kg_evilboy,

my drive is a NEC DVD+RW ND-1100A, this is the only DVD drive I have. Is this drive known for being difficult?

Well I’m about to try again now and I’ll post the I/O error log in about an hour

Thanks for the help

Hmm… A goldish bronze disc sounds like a pressed DVD with gold coat, since there’s no phthalocyanine dye for DVD…

The NEC DVD+RW ND-1100A is a rather old 4x drive. A new drive might be better, but you should try ripping with a drive from a friend for example :wink:

Well here is the I/O Error Log.
I don’t even know if this is even usefull.

I/O error!
Device: [1:1:0]_NEC DVD+RW ND-1100A 10FD (E:) (ATA)
ScsiStatus: 0x02
Interpretation: Check Condition
CDB: 28 00 00 17 B3 10 00 00 01 00
Interpretation: Read (10)- Sector: 1553168
Sense Area: F0 00 03 00 17 B3 10 0A 00 00 00 00 11 00 00 00 00 00
Interpretation: Unrecovered Read Error

This one has me stumped, it’s a three disc series I have had success creating the ISO image with disc one and disc three but darn disc two just wont do it!

I claim ignorance but it seems to me that I should have no problem with “Cowboy Bebop” (an older show) if i can make ISO’s of New Releases with no problem. Go figure?

AS far as Up-grading my DVD drive any suggestions for drives that rip ISO’s better than others?

Thanks for your time

Well i figured it out.

So simple…the DVD was jsut bad all around. It became unviewable about the point where the I/O error would occure.

So thanks all for your time and anyone who happens to like anime do not buy from iloveasiandvds.com. Poorly Pirated Copies.