I/O error

vbimport

I apologise to start with if this is posted in the wrong part of the forum

newbie here although I lurk often. I admit I really am not good with computers so please be gentle with me as alot of the technical talk goes straight over my head

I have read so many thr forum’s but cant seem to find something that will help me out - I might not have searched well so please redirect me if you can.

As I said, I am not very computer literate so I cant really give many technical details but if you need information please let me know and I will attempt to get it.

Dell Laptop running Windows XP (service pack 2 enabled)
LG External Super Multi DVD ReWriter (model no GSA-2164D)

I run DVD Decrypter then DVD Shrink and burn through Decrypter

I have been backing up my DVD’s for a couple of years with few problems but over the past few months every time I try and back something up I get the following error through DVD Decrypter

I/O Error!
Device [0:0:0] HL-DT-DVDRRW GSA-2164D 102 (E: ) (USB)

ScsiStatus: 0x02
Interpretation: Check Condition

CDB: 2A 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 20 00
Interpretation: Write (10) - Sectors 0-31

Sense Area: 70 00 03 00 00 00 00 0E 00 00 00 00 0C 80 00 00 00 00
Interpertation: Unknown (Write Error) (0x0C, 0x80)

I have been using the same disks for a long time (not sure what they were sorry) but when I first got this error I went and bought other disks (sony) and I think i was able to successfully back up one DVD before I got the error again. It happens every single time.

What is the likely cause of this issue? hardware? software?

Please let me know if I need to supply more information and remember, I really am not computer literate so no doubt I havent given you enough information.

Any input would be greatly appreciated as this is driving me slowly insane.

Danielle