I/O Error on my Lite-On SOHW-1673SU

I need some help, I’ve made two coasters in a row because of this I/O error I’m getting. First a little background, I had this drive (Lite-On SOHW-1673SU) on my other computer and successfully burnt a DVD. Some time had passed and then that PC’s Motherboard crapped out on me, so I pulled out one of my slightly older PC’s and put my hard drive in it and hitched up my Lite-On ez dub DVD burner. now when I try to burn a DVD I get an I/O error. The PC is a 1.6 Ghz Pentium 4, with my 100gb HD in it and 512kb of Ram. I should think that is sufficient but I’m guessing there’s some setting or something that’s not working right. Almost forgot, I’m using ImgBurn as my program

It starts the burning process then when it gets into burning the actual disc image, after less than a minute I get the error. Here’s a screenshot of what I get.

Oh, and thanks in advance for your help!! :bow:

Nobody has a suggestion for me? Do you think loading my software again will help at all?? I hate to keep wasting DVDs

Is your older motherboard USB 2.0 compliant? Update the USB drivers? Or try another port.

Hmm, I don’t think it is a USB 2.0 now that you mention it. You think that’s the problem?

There error message indicates an Input/Output communication problem, so something isn’t optimized between the PC and external drive. You can also download the standalone CD-DVD Speed, do a burst rate test (you’ll need a DVD disc in the drive), and see what speed you get.