I/O Device Error -help

I have used DVD Shrink w/IMGBurn for some time now and have had great results backing up my movies. Just recently, using DVDShrink or even DVDFabdecrypter, I can only get part way before I get this error (like the first 50secs)

Since my BenQ took a dive (1655) just using my NEC 3550-A for reading and burning for now.

Have uninstalled the NEC device, it’s on DMA??

Any ideas??

Have you tried to play the original movie to see if it still read properly? Also did you unistall the driver for the Benq driver after you took it out? What O/S are you using and does the device manager see the NEC? Also is the firmware the latest? Are you software versions up to date? Also what kinda media are you using and what is the burn speed?
“Have uninstalled the NEC device, it’s on DMA??” How can you have it on DMA if you have it uninstalled??? The statement is confusing?

Have you tried to play the original movie to see if it still read properly?

Yes, this has happened to several movies
Also did you unistall the driver for the Benq driver after you took it out? Yes, it has been uninstalled

What O/S are you using and does the device manager see the NEC? Windows XP Pro SP2, up to date on the updates and yes the NEC is seen by the device mgr

Also is the firmware the latest? Yes

Are you software versions up to date? Yes

Also what kinda media are you using and what is the burn speed? Not relative- Shrink has an error and stops - so does DVDFab Decrypter.

“Have uninstalled the NEC device, it’s on DMA??” How can you have it on DMA if you have it uninstalled??? The statement is confusing?
Sorry I do ramble on sometimes. I uninstalled the drive, rebooted and XP reinstalled the drive/drivers, and I did check to see that the drive is on DMA.

Back to my orginal statement:[COLOR=Navy]I have used DVD Shrink w/IMGBurn for some time now and have had great results backing up my movies. Just recently, using DVDShrink or even DVDFabdecrypter, I can only get part way before I get this error (like the first 50secs)[/COLOR]

I also use DVDShrink to Write to a file onto the HD, so I can take the movie with me to work on my 60gb USB Pocketdrive using VLC to play.
TIA

hmm… ok What kinda of media are you burning to and what is the speed? If your original is doing the same kinda problem most likely the source is bad damage or scratch or the version you have is a bad made source disk. If it’s a bad source disk I would go back and tell them it’s a bad source disk and would like to get a replacement for the bad media. “May not be relative” but remember drives do get picky on the type of media you feed it along with the quality of the media itself makes for good or bad burns. Alot of people have recommend verbatim but one has to pick and choose from what avaiable in ones’ region to use…

No the movies are playing fine. I’m using TYG02. Tuyo Uniden (sp)

Tried different software? For example a trial version of DVD Fab Platinum or something else still being actively updated, just for troubleshooting purposes.

Also, NEC drives can be picky readers if the disc isn’t in pristine condition (which is why they’re so handy for TRT tests ;)).

Fixed the I/O Device Error Coppied XP onto the HD and “reinstalled” it from there doing an [B]UpGrade instead of a new install[/B]

I can rip with DVDShrink and burn w/IMG Burn again :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: