I need XP drivers for my dvd-rom

vbimport

I have spent lots of time and sleep trying to find XP drivers for my PC-DVD Dxr2 dvd-rom drive model no. DVD5240e. Can anyone help?

THANKS for your time too

Isn’t that an IDE Creative DVD Rom player ?

Its a hardware dvd decoder with a vga passthrough

I havent seen one of those in years. I thought xp supported its chip natively though but shrug

I don’t need the decoder card that came with it because I have a good computer and its graphics card will do what the decoder card did.
I had the drivers for it and it worked great on XP without the decoder card BUT guess what I forgot to backup the drivers before I formatted my HDD
I forget where I got them.

THANKS

Didn’t know the DVD drive needed special drivers…

It doesn’t. All atapi devices should work using the native Windows IDE driver.

It’s quite possible that the drive is malfunctioning from the start. Is the drive visible in the hardware overview just before Windows boots ?

Yes its there at the start up. It works fine as a CD-rom but not a DVD-rom because I can’t find any XP drivers for it.
Its there in the device manager
I think I got the drivers from www.cdrom-drivers.com but its not there for XP anymore.

Thanks for your time.

Yes its there at the start up. It works fine as a CD-rom but not a DVD-rom because I can’t find any XP drivers for it.
Its there in the device manager
I think I got the drivers from www.cdrom-drivers.com but its not there for XP anymore.

Thanks for your time.

IF

you have a decent working computer , decent working os and decent working ide dvd player

THEN

You will never never never never never need a additional IDE driver for Windows 95 and above.

ELSE

Something is very very very very wrong with your computer system.

BUT

To playback dvd movies you will require a dvd software playback program.

Yes it works now, sorry to waste your time
I tried jetAudio, real one player, quicktime, windows media player just downloaded, creative media player, DVD X player, pc DVD encore……and the list goes on they didn’t work they all said I needed decoder drivers. I got power DVD and it worked at last.

Thanks again