I need to know what software is best for ripping a dvd to burn on a dual layer dvd

vbimport

I have no idea what’s best to use since all dvds now a days are 7.xGB+ and honestly, i don’t know about the rest of you. But my collection uselly has to be cycled every so often. No dvd usually lasts a year or so before it has to be replaced. Now then, what’s the best software to do this?

I’ve tried dvdfab and apparently it’s just a pile of shit decrypter. Everytime i try to use i get this message

“Optimal L1 Data Zone Start LBA: None Found (VTS_01) - Image not mastered correctly” when i try to burn it with imgburn. It’s refusing to work for me so that means it’s not even wroth remotely getting.

So what software is the best out there for this exact method?

Forget about the “best”, just use what works. I’ve never had a problem with DVDFab but there is a subform here where you may find help with your problem. Another option is to try AnyDvd, I believe there is a free trial, DVDShrink can rip and shrink older titles which just use CSS encryption. DVDSmith is another free ripping/decrypting program. You might want to check the DVDFab subform before you give up on using it.

[QUOTE=masterz87;2493721]I have no idea what’s best to use since all dvds now a days are 7.xGB+ and honestly, i don’t know about the rest of you. But my collection uselly has to be cycled every so often. No dvd usually lasts a year or so before it has to be replaced. Now then, what’s the best software to do this?

[I]I’ve tried dvdfab and apparently it’s just a pile of shit decrypter.[/I] Everytime i try to use i get this message

“Optimal L1 Data Zone Start LBA: None Found (VTS_01) - [B]Image not mastered correctly[/B]” when i try to burn it with imgburn. It’s refusing to work for me so that means it’s not even wroth remotely getting.

So what software is the best out there for this exact method?[/QUOTE]

The error indicates that its your fault and not some bad software.
READ the imgburn FAQ to resolve the issue.

[QUOTE=masterz87;2493721]I have no idea what’s best to use since all dvds now a days are 7.xGB+ and honestly, i don’t know about the rest of you. But my collection uselly has to be cycled every so often. No dvd usually lasts a year or so before it has to be replaced. Now then, what’s the best software to do this?

I’ve tried dvdfab and apparently it’s just a pile of shit decrypter. Everytime i try to use i get this message

“Optimal L1 Data Zone Start LBA: None Found (VTS_01) - Image not mastered correctly” when i try to burn it with imgburn. It’s refusing to work for me so that means it’s not even wroth remotely getting.

So what software is the best out there for this exact method?[/QUOTE]

I would have to agree with chef on this one most if not many times it’s the user inputs that cause the problem. I used dvdfab in the past and it worked without any problems for me. But currently my setup is AnyDVD HD, CloneCD, CloneDVD, CloneDVDMobile and never had problems using any of the software expect for the fact of bad source disk or doing some bone head multitasking on the computer rather then wait til it was done then use the computer again. Also one should take the time to read the help and FAQ for that software to get a better understanding of how to use and now what happens when something goes wrong.

pretty hard to beat TMPGEnc Authoring Works 4 in my opinion…

<No dvd usually lasts a year or so before it has to be replaced> might be because you are using cheap media, try using TY’s or Verbatim media