I need some serious help over here

vbimport

Hi,

I am new to Clone CD, and want to use it make make back ups of my SD2 protected games.

I am using the following as the reader
Hewlett Packard
HP9500i (Atapi)
RAW-DAO 96--------writing
RAW+96--------read
RAW+96--------read

I am using this as the writer
Acer
RW-1610A (Atapi)
RAW-DAO 94--------writing
RAW--------read
RAW--------read

I guess my question is what settings should I use in Clone CD.

Also here is something interesting? I was able to make a copy of Startopia, but the music is choppy (could be cause I burned it at the fastest possible speed. I will try to burn it at a lower speed), but when I installed the patch for the game that takes it version 1.01 something happened. Well to make a long story short the game kept asking for the CD although I already had it in the cd drive. Any ideas on why this would have happened. I got all this stuff to make 1:1 copies, which should include being able to patch the game to the next version with out a problem.

Your HP 9500 does not support correct EFM encoding of regular bit patterns. And that is needed for backing up SD2.
Look at supported writers at http://www.elaborate-bytes.com/

For more info on SafeDisc 2 check this article.

crest

I am using the HP9500i as the reader, as it is a good reader

and

I am using the Acer RW-1610A as the writer, as it is a good writer, and does correct EFM encoding of regular bit patterns (Which is needed for backing up SD2)

So I guess that I am still looking for help on this situation. Really the major problrm is that when I installed the patch for the game that takes it version 1.01 something happened. Well to make a long story short the game kept asking for the CD although I already had it in the cd drive.

:eek:

I also have an Acer burner.
For SD2 protected games I use it as reading and writing device though reading takes quite long ( 1 hour )
Options enabled:
Fast Error Skip
Power Laser Cal.
Always close last sess.

As an alternative you can try Blindread/Blindwrite and use the option “Alternative Lesemethode erlauben”, don’t know whats called in English I thing s.th. like alternative reading method?
Reading with the acer is then much faster (10 min.) but works for me only if you backup from an original…
Good Luck

F.P.:slight_smile: