I need some help burning some VOB files

I currently have some files in a folder called a VIDEO_TS folder, i have included a screenshot so you can see what files they are, their are more files than the screenshot in the folder but it would be to big a file and you get the idea.

What i need to know is.

1. What type of disc do i burn thses on.
  2. What option in nero do i use, for example burn video disc, burn data disc etc. I have nero 8.

Here is the screenshot, click to enlarge image.

1. Type of disc depends on how big the VIDEO_TS folder is:

[ul]
[li]Less than 4.7 GB: use single layer DVD-R, DVD+R
[/li][li]More than 4.7 GB: use double layer +R DL or -R DL.
[/li][/ul]

1. Use ‘DVD-Video’ template in Nero and when the ‘New Compilation’ window opens, drag the VIDEO_TS folder over.

Those are DVD files.
I suggest you download IMGburn and use that instead of Nero to burn them to a blank DVD. Just select the folder in IMGburn that has your VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders in it.

[quote=LesStrater;1923696]Those are DVD files.
I suggest you download IMGburn and use that instead of Nero to burn them to a blank DVD. Just select the folder in IMGburn that has your VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders in it.[/quote]

Hats off to that person, IMGburn was so simple and it did what i was after which was a straight forward burn to a blank dvd disc unlike Nero :clap:

Well, you could also trying to read the freaking manual of Nero of course. Or educate yourself in the dvd-schematics that exist.

Probably my fault for taking the trouble to answer the question that was asked. :wink:

You are always guarenteed to get at least one smart answer from someone that thinks they know it all, remember where this post is “newbie forum” where everyone is not as clued up as some with burning and file types.

I did read the nero manuals which were not clear, i did do various searches on the net before i posted here as thats how i came across this forum.

I had already previously burned to a disc in Nero and it would only play on my laptop drive and not on the dvd player to play with the tv, its strange how someone can recommend some software above that did it straight away with a perfect burn yet with nero you struggle and nothing is clear cut with that software which is why you get numerous threads on various forums about how poor nero is and along with the numerous problems you get with it.

Mr B wrote,
“Well, you could also trying to read the freaking manual of Nero of course. Or educate yourself in the dvd-schematics that exist.”

But that’s why the noob forum exists…we were all noob’s once,and were not all born with a silver burner in one’s mouth…:eek:
I look forward to reading tips and methods in this forum and others,and I learn something everyday…
@OP, most around here will recommend IMGBurn for flick burns…I’m sure some fellow members will post tips on nero,if you’d rather use that proggy…good luck and come again…

There’s a fine line between laziness and willingness. I’ve witnessed more of the first than the latter.

I had already previously burned to a disc in Nero and it would only play on my laptop drive and not on the dvd player to play with the tv, its strange how someone can recommend some software above that did it straight away with a perfect burn yet with nero you struggle and nothing is clear cut with that software which is why you get numerous threads on various forums about how poor nero is and along with the numerous problems you get with it.

Well, Nero is a product suite with a huge lot of features which may seem overwhelming to the layman. But if you actually take the time and effort to learn about Nero it’s an unbeatable product. I suggest reading page 13 through 35 of the Nero Manual.

Mr. B, FYI the link you posted has been dead for awhile.

Still works perfectly here.

And here…

In the USA will not connect to that link but will to this one?

Sorry it was my mistake the link works fine if I use the right settings.

Difference of opinions will always exist. Also I have seen countless times the same questions asked about different subjects. If everybody used the search function, and members didn’t ask “***!? Questions”, this and other forums would eventually die.

Just my opinion :flower:

John

I agree.

My apologies for my rude behaviour The Mighty One. Let us rest this matter.

@The_Mighty_One FYI

You can use this method for single layer burning only, Best to use ImgBurn for DL burning.

Burning to DVD±R(W) with Nero Burning Rom “DVD-Video” mode

http://www.dvdshrink.info/nero-video.php

:cool::cool: