I need helpwithfew things

hi im new to the forum and to copying dvds. i was wondering if anyone could tell me are all blank dvds the same size? just tried to copy a dvd and realised the blank i was using wasnt big enough, is there anyway to cut down the size of the original, like getting rid of all the extra footage and stuff u get on them. just wanna copy the film and thats it. but i dunno what files are what, any help would be very much appreciated! thankyou

use dvdshrink my friend, but you should ask these questions in the right subforum
:slight_smile:

all blank dvds are the same size, exept the new “dual-layer” ones that are double the size (8.5GB), but these are in early stages and very expensive. i recomend as mace1337 said to use DVDShrink, but CloneDVD alond with AnyDVD/Nero Recode along with AnyDVD are another option, but DVDShrink is the best freeware option.

some dvds are diferent sizes, ridata have less capacity than memorex 4x

DVD+R’s are smaller than DVD-R’s, I think its about 7meg smaller I believe. But who cares really, basically they are all the same size give or take a VERY small bit. Also DoubleLayer media is NOT double the size of SingleLayer media.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
Don’t know where you’re getting this info from, but I do dispute it - except for what ChickenMan said about the difference between DVD+Rs & DVD+R DL.