I need help

vbimport

Can someone please help, I’m not really up on computers. I was given a Fujitsu siemens Amilo Pro with Vista basic. It has a dvd rw drive and no matter what disc I put in it, it ejects itself and dosen’t recognise the disc?

Many thanks:sad:

[QUOTE=paigejamie8@hotma;2006835]Can someone please help, I’m not really up on computers. I was given a Fujitsu siemens Amilo Pro with Vista basic. It has a dvd rw drive and no matter what disc I put in it, it ejects itself and dosen’t recognise the disc?

Many thanks:sad:[/QUOTE]

Ask the person who gave it to you if the drive is password protected
also are you logged on as Administrator

[QUOTE=paigejamie8@hotma;2006835]Can someone please help, I’m not really up on computers. I was given a Fujitsu siemens Amilo Pro with Vista basic. It has a dvd rw drive and no matter what disc I put in it, it ejects itself and dosen’t recognise the disc?

Many thanks:sad:[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

There are various possibilities. One of the most frequent is that the RW disc has been bad burned, so it is unreadable (this issue is very frequent with rewritable discs).

Another possibility is that the RW disc was written with a packet writing software like InCD or similar. In this case it is very difficult that you can read that disc, because data loss are really frequent with these softwares :wink:

If you can try to read that disc with a different drive maybe you can recover data :slight_smile:

Sounds like a faulty drive if it is ejecting every disc.