I Need Help With VirtualDUB Please :)

vbimport

I am trying to resize an avi using the resize filter in virtualdub.

But when I go to save the .avi it saves it at 3.6gb :eek::confused:

So I tried using direct stream copy mode but then it won’t let me use filters

What do I need to do

I am a newbie with virtualdub so please try to explain in simple terms

Thanking you in advance :flower:

anyone please??

You were probably using uncompressed avi. Did you go to Video, Compression and then select a video codec?

What codec is used in your avi now? If you don’t know, open the original avi with Gspot video utility.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2023080]You were probably using uncompressed avi. Did you go to Video, Compression and then select a video codec?

What codec is used in your avi now? If you don’t know, open the original avi with Gspot video utility.[/QUOTE]

The original .avi is xvid

And I am trying to resize it from 752 x 560 to 1024 x 768

I am after that widescreen look where it as a black bar at the top and at the bottom and fits the full windows media player screen

But it keeps coming out with a square image in the center and black bars on the left and right of the picture and it looks horrible :frowning:

This is not something I do. You should go to videohelp.com and post a thread asking for help on this. They will probably want you to use resize or letterbox filters in AviSynth.

And I am trying to resize it from 752 x 560 to 1024 x 768

Those are the same AR, they would look the same if you expanded your player to ‘full screen’.

Try using “superc” …select avi , then xvid codec…choose mp3 for audio…then adjust the options in the video box, if you dont see the option u looking for , click on “more” for more options… also , not quite sure why u wanna choose 1024x768, unless u gonna view it on pc only…reason i ask , if you gonna play it on a multivideo hdd player , probably wont play it back. the most used is 640x480, and you can still select wide mode 16x9.regards