I need help with my lightscribe!

Hey everyone, I’ve been having a few issues with my lightscribe recently, and have been trying to figure it out for a few weeks now. I have a Media Center m7470n and a HP DVD Writer 840b. When i first used lightscribe, I updated my ls version and used sure thing to create a ls cd. It worked perfectly the first time with the cd that came with the computer. I have just purchased a pack of verbatim ls CD-Rs, and none of them are working with my lightscribe. It keeps giving me the error, invalid media. I am also using nero 6.6 and am unable to create a LS CD-R through nero either. Nero recognizes the drive and the LS menu is there, but it wont print the CD. Ive looked all over to try and find a solution, so if anyone knows of one, please post! I will attempt to purchase other media to see if its a problem with the verbatim CD-Rs. Thanks.

Try with the latest drivers:http://club.cdfreaks.com/showpost.php?p=1040411&postcount=1 and update your burner’s firmware.

Welcome to the forum, hockball :slight_smile:

Thanks for Responding Cressida, it seems this hasn’t worked either. I have updated my LS to the latest version and my firmware is up to date aswell. I tried this a while back, and when it didnt work, i reverted back to my original LS and firmware. Same ordeal. I then proceeded to updating again, and yet nothing came of it. Im still gonna try getting some other LS CD-Rs and see what happens, but in the mean time, if anyone knows how to fix this problem or has a suggestion please post! Thanks!

P.S. Thanks for the Welcome Cressida :slight_smile:

I’ve seen this problem here before, but don’t know if there’s a solution. Do some more searching on the forum, maybe you can find it. If your LS works with other discs, it must be some incompatibility with those Verbatims. Sorry I don’t have the answer. :slight_smile: