I need help with my 111-D

I just bought a 111-D off of eBay with the intent on burning PS2 games. How can I install firmware that will automatically change the book type to -ROM? If there is a way can you give me some links so I can download the stuff needed and instructions on how to do it.
:bow:

[QUOTE=simified;1974192]I just bought a 111-D off of eBay with the intent on burning PS2 games. How can I install firmware that will automatically change the book type to -ROM? If there is a way can you give me some links so I can download the stuff needed and instructions on how to do it.
:bow:[/QUOTE]

Hi.
for bitsetting you must download Buffalo FW from tdb site

http://tdb.rpc1.org/#DVR111L

From this site you must download 8.19 INT (Buffalo-Internal) *, and upgrade your drive to 8.19FW, after this you can download 8.29 INT (Buffalo-Internal) and upgrade 111L with 8.19 to the latest 8.29.

@ simified,

Welcome to the Forum.

There are couple of threads in the CD Freaks Pioneer DVD Forum concerning flashing the Pioneer DVR-111D with Auto BitSetting Firmware. Suggest using the Forum Search function to locate these postings.

In short you need to review the Pioneer DVD Forum Read First posting titled “Post new firmware and tool ANNOUNCEMENTS here” (http://club.cdfreaks.com/f87/post-new-firmware-tool-announcements-here-210917/) for Pioneer DVR-111D v1.29 Firmware and the Read First posting tiled “MediaCodeSpeedEdit support for Pioneer DVD-Writers” (http://club.cdfreaks.com/f87/mediacodespeededit-support-pioneer-dvd-writers-153213/”) for information on Patching Pioneer DVR-111D v1.29 Firmware for “Enable BitSetting”.

Regards,
bjkg

-> PS @ VANT,

Using the Media Code Speed Edit (MCSE) tool there no need to be using Buffalo based Firmware to obtain Auto BitSetting functions on the Pioneer DVR-111D.

[QUOTE=bjkg;1974215]-> PS @ VANT,

Using the Media Code Speed Edit (MCSE) tool there no need to be using Buffalo based Firmware to obtain Auto BitSetting functions on the Pioneer DVR-111D.[/QUOTE]

yes but its more dificult…

addictionally Buffalo FW unlock LabelFlash feature…:iagree:

Thanks for the help. I was already following VANT’s instructions before I saw yours bjkg. I think I did it right because when I open ImgBurn it now reads PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-111L 8.29 as opposed to the previous DVR-111D. It still has not changed the book type to -ROM in ImgBurn. While using ImgBurn I open the Book Type tab next to the Write Speed. I have 8 different tabs to choose from (Samsung, RICOH, Plextor, Nu Tech, NEC, LITE-ON, LG, and BenQ), when I try to select any DL media under ANY of the tabs the message in the Current Settings reads, “Unknown (FAILED!)”. So needless to say I cannot change the book type to “DVD-Rom” from the New Setting drop down menu. I cannot select it on ImgBurn for whatever reason. What program do you guys use to burn PS2 games? I was hoping by flashing my 111L the problem would be fixed.

[QUOTE=simified;1974249]Thanks for the help. I was already following VANT’s instructions before I saw yours bjkg. I think I did it right because when I open ImgBurn it now reads PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-111L 8.29 as opposed to the previous DVR-111D. It still has not changed the book type to -ROM in ImgBurn. While using ImgBurn I open the Book Type tab next to the Write Speed. I have 8 different tabs to choose from (Samsung, RICOH, Plextor, Nu Tech, NEC, LITE-ON, LG, and BenQ), when I try to select any DL media under ANY of the tabs the message in the Current Settings reads, “Unknown (FAILED!)”. So needless to say I cannot change the book type to “DVD-Rom” from the New Setting drop down menu. I cannot select it on ImgBurn for whatever reason. What program do you guys use to burn PS2 games? I was hoping by flashing my 111L the problem would be fixed.[/QUOTE]

in buffalo fw bitsetting is automaticly selected to -rom , not by manual switches…

Bit setting is automatic as VANT states, but DVD-ROM book type will not be seen until after +R media has been burned. What kind of problems are you having with PS2 games? Bit setting may not be the problem since many game softwares must use something like Alcohol 120% in order to create a working backup copy.

Right now the only problem I am having is not being able to burn the DVD properly so it will read in my PS2. This is the first time I am doing this so I am sure most of my problem is in being a noob. I was using DVD Decrypter but am now trying to use ImgBurn to do so. What you wrote “DVD-ROM book type will not be seen until after +R media has been burned” makes sense to me but I do have a question. Are you using a seperate program to burn your disks or are you just loading them straight into the tray and burning them?

@ simified,

It appears that your problem lies in acquiring the particulars associated in the Art and Science of making PlayStation2 backup copies and not Pioneer DVR-111D Firmware problems.

Instruction in the Art and Science of making PlayStation2 backups is beyond the scope and focus of the CD Freaks Pioneer DVD Burner Forum. Suggest using Google Search (http://www.google.com) to locate specific Web Forums that focus on the Art and Science of making PlayStation2 backups.

Regards,
bjkg