I need help with Daemon Tools. Please!

Have mercy on me! What is Daemon Tools?? I checked the FAQ and Manual download. I have a basic understanding, it is a emulator that runs programs.

Q: Does it emulate CloneCD burnt CDs? If so, why does it need to, can’t they just work on their own?

Q: To run it, i just leave it in the start tray right??

Thanks

–SS

Originally posted by elite_forces
[B]Have mercy on me! What is Daemon Tools?? I checked the FAQ and Manual download. I have a basic understanding, it is a emulator that runs programs.

Q: Does it emulate CloneCD burnt CDs? If so, why does it need to, can’t they just work on their own?

Q: To run it, i just leave it in the start tray right??

Thanks

–SS [/B]
I have to admit that it confused me when I first got it. But it’s really quite simple (in the end!)

Q1. For CD-R/W: It will only emulate SafeDisc if you use the fastdump method to read & burn Very Important. This is good news for SD2 cripples :wink: Follow those instructions carefully

Q2. Correct. I have never had any trouble with all 3 emu ticked (for testing, as I can 1:1 the big three prots)

Thanks, but what is fastdump???

Wait, one more question, in the profiles that GameFreak put up on the board, it says;

SafeDisc (1/2/2.51) - no AWS

This Profile can be used for the normal SafeDisc (1) version and SafeDisc version 2 and above (2.51) for writers that do not need Amplify Weak Sectors.

What is amplify weak sectors, what is that, can you please explain what that option does and which writers do not need it. Thanks

Originally posted by elite_forces
[B]Thanks, but what is fastdump???

Wait, one more question, in the profiles that GameFreak put up on the board, it says;

SafeDisc (1/2/2.51) - no AWS

This Profile can be used for the normal SafeDisc (1) version and SafeDisc version 2 and above (2.51) for writers that do not need Amplify Weak Sectors.

What is amplify weak sectors, what is that, can you please explain what that option does and which writers do not need it. Thanks [/B]
I think the instructions for fastdump are straightforward. Repeating them here would be a little redundant. Can you tell me which bit of the instructions you don’t understand? Also your repeated questions suggest that maybe you haven’t read the FAQ