I need help with a optiarc 5280 s cb r

vbimport

can anybody give me a link to where i can get the stock firmware for this drive. ive messed up my drive and im hoping the stock firmware will fix this problem , ive found some fw for it on the net but now im confused as i dont know which is the stock one

Go to Liggy and Dee’s site for NEC/Optiarc firmware and download the latest version of firmware for this drive. The download will include both modified and stock firmware versions. Read the text file that is included to find out which one is which.

http://liggydee.cdfreaks.com/page/en/Optiarc-AD-5280S/

Hmm, looking a little closer at your title, you have the 5280S CB Plus drive? Don’t know if the ones at Liggy and Dee apply for that particular drive. But I also see you found the thread regarding these drives in the Optiarc subforum.

thats where i got some of the firmware i tried , also i wasnt sure exactly which one to download there were different versions on there .could you tell me the exact name or number of the firmware

I am most definitely NOT the person to talk to regarding this. I’ll send a note to Liggy and see if he can advise you.

thanks i really need help at this stage

Yo del72-

I have two of the Optiarc AD-5280S-CB-PLUS drives and the [B]stock[/B] firmware is [B]v1.Z7[/B]

[QUOTE=del72;2696347]can anybody give me a link to where i can get the stock firmware for this drive. ive messed up my drive and im hoping the stock firmware will fix this problem , ive found some fw for it on the net but now im confused as i dont know which is the stock one
What exactly do you mean with “messed up your drive”? What exactly did you do that you expect to be fixed again by downgrading the firmware?

I have only seen very few occasions in the past where anything was fixed by going back to old firmware or upgrading to new firmware, except for improving compatibility with certain media.

[QUOTE=bigmike7;2696365]I have two of the Optiarc AD-5280S-CB-PLUS drives and the [B]stock[/B] firmware is [B]v1.Z7[/B][/QUOTE]
1.Z6 is even older than 1.Z7, but nobody can say for sure what firmware a certain drive had from the start.

when i try to burn xgd3 for xbox , i now get a message asking me to overburn or trunkate ,i never got this message before with this drive ,and if i open img burn its not showing the amount right of space on the disks, its shows about 7.8 gigs of room where it should show about 8.7

i only bought this drive a month ago

some extra info if i open bin flash where it says device it says 1.0.0(optiarc dvd rw ad-5280s 1.z8)

if i open img burn on the 6th line of the log it says optiarc dvd rw ad5280s 1.z8 (raid) … i dont recall seeing raid before
i think it used to says atpi or somrthing like that

If you’ve used ImgBurn since before you had this problem, you can figure out which firmware version the drive had. No guarantees that it will be the exact version you need, but it can get you closer to a solution.

Also, if the drive now shows up as being a RAID device instead of ATAPI or IDE or something like that, it has to do with the SATA controller being used (SATA driver, or configuration in the BIOS, etc); it would have almost nothing to do with firmware. (The old ImgBurn logs–should you have them–will show you this, too).

thanks but im still confused

ive reinstalled windows 7 and put the 1z7 fw on the drive but it still asks me to over burn

anybody got any further advice i can try, the drive burns smaller files ok so i guess its the fact thats its now showing as raid and not atapi thats the problem ,but im only guessing