I need help uninstalling MS Office 97 Professional

vbimport

I currently have MS Office 97 Professional installed on my home built computer. I recently bought MS Office Enterprise 2007 and now want to install it…but before I do, I want to uninstall Office 97 Professional.

Everytime I go to Control Panel “Add/Remove” programs, I’m told to insert the MS Office 97 CD. But when I do, all I can get from doing that is “it wants me to install Office 97”. How can I uninstall it??

Can someone please advise me on what to do. Thank you.

[QUOTE=burnselk;2124224]I currently have MS Office 97 Professional installed on my home built computer. I recently bought MS Office Enterprise 2007 and now want to install it…but before I do, I want to uninstall Office 97 Professional.

Everytime I go to Control Panel “Add/Remove” programs, I’m told to insert the MS Office 97 CD. But when I do, all I can get from doing that is “it wants me to install Office 97”. How can I uninstall it??

Can someone please advise me on what to do. Thank you.[/QUOTE]

It is a while since I used it.
But if I remember correctly you click on “Install”.
This takes you to a menu.
“Repair” “Re-install” “Remove”.
Obviously select “Remove”.

That option didn’t show up for me. I have never been able to see a “uninstall” or “remove” option anywhere when I go to “uninstall/remove programs”.

It has been awhile since I had 97, but if I remember correctly when I installed 2000 it ask me If I wanted to remove 97 but save the files.
That was the only way I remember.Hope that helps

bean55

Try “Your uninstaller 2008”

[QUOTE=bean55;2128759]It has been awhile since I had 97, but if I remember correctly when I installed 2000 it ask me If I wanted to remove 97 but save the files. That was the only way I remember.Hope that helps
bean55[/QUOTE]

Actually it let me install Office 2007 and left O-97 right where it was.

And, I was never given an option to remove or uninstall O-97 during the install process for O-07.

Wish I could uninstall 0-97…it’s another 705MB being used on my OS HDD.

Any other suggestions…please?

One thing about you guys that I absolutely love…you always try to help…unlike some of the other tech support sites. Thanks and my hat off to you. I brag to my wife about this site…when I get in a bind, post it on Club CDFreaks and get the help you need…and fast.

burnselk
Following the link to microsoft:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/173951

Good Luck
bean55

burnselk,

if you have not uninstalled as of this post. try doing a repair install or a normal install. then try to uninstall again.

also as redback5 suggest, there are uninstall programs which might help. i use Revo Uninstaller and ZSoft Uninstaller.

Here’s what I see when the O97 disk is inserted and it opens up.

Sorry about the size of the two attachments.

Is there a way to reduce the size of each without making the text unreadable?

I tried to do a setup and load 097 but was given an option to uninstall it. I can install it again I guess and see what happens…would you suggest trying this?

burnselk

If you follow the Microsoft link from my above post ,it will give you the instructions that will help you uninstall office 97.Microsoft knows there was an issue and gave these instructions on the uninstall procedure.
Follow there instructions and then do the setup to get rid of office 97.

bean55

[QUOTE=redback5;2128896]Try “Your uninstaller 2008”[/QUOTE]

What’s that redback, I’ve never heard of it…but I’ve never heard of a lot of software. I’ll go look for it. :doh:

[QUOTE=burnselk;2124224]I currently have MS Office 97 Professional installed on my home built computer. I recently bought MS Office Enterprise 2007 and now want to install it…but before I do, I want to uninstall Office 97 Professional.

Can someone please advise me on what to do. Thank you.[/QUOTE]

Just wondering how did you come by Enterprise 2007?

[QUOTE=burnselk;2143664]What’s that redback, I’ve never heard of it…but I’ve never heard of a lot of software. I’ll go look for it[/QUOTE]

Sounds like that’s what I need. Thanks for the tip.

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2143796]Just wondering how did you come by Enterprise 2007?[/QUOTE]

Through my employer.

Your best option is to reformat.

Thanks Redback, I think I’ll just leave O97 loaded on the computer. I have way too many programs and way too many photo’s on this computer to reformat. I loaded Office 2007 and it’s so much different from previous versions I may not even use it. We’ll see. Thanks for responding. I appreciate all suggestions.