I need help please look

vbimport

I am trying to burn a DVD for my son i got the movie file from a website and am trying to get it on i guess a DVD-R im kinda sure thts wht its called BTW is clone dvd the right thing to use let me know:)

You have to let us know what the file extention is. Then we can recommend a program.

G’day alan1476, can I ask a dumb question? I’ve just joined the 21st century, and I have to tell you, I read your posts and it’s like a foreign language to me! Dunno wot yer talkin’ about.

I honestly don’t know…what is the difference between a DVD-R and DVD+R? Which is best for me to burn a movie on? They seem the same to me.

Do I hear laughing? That’s ok, I can handle that!
Who can tell me the difference between silicon and germanium semi-conductors?

Touche.

the file is avi so how do i get tht onto a blank dvd or is it called a DVD-R and suld i use a program like clone dvd or itunes

You need a program like ConvertXtoDVD from VSO, you can find it here
http://www.cdfreaks.com/software/Video-Converting-Software/VSO-Software/ConvertXToDVD.html
This program will convert any .avi file and alot of other file types to a DVD compliant file so you can play it on your standalone player.

[quote=nunnya;2075047]G’day alan1476, can I ask a dumb question? I’ve just joined the 21st century, and I have to tell you, I read your posts and it’s like a foreign language to me! Dunno wot yer talkin’ about.

I honestly don’t know…what is the difference between a DVD-R and DVD+R? Which is best for me to burn a movie on? They seem the same to me.

Do I hear laughing? That’s ok, I can handle that!
[B]Who can tell me the difference between silicon and germanium semi-conductors? [/B]

Touche.[/quote]
Two different alloys, SiGe has been around for awhile now, IBM has been using it for their 65nm wafers.