I need help making a backup copy of raiden 3 for ps2

Hello, I need help making a back up copy of raiden 3 for ps2 so that it will work with mcboot
+esr. The only problem is that it is a cd based dvd rom ps2 game, this is the first time that I have ever come across a cd based dvd rom ps2 game before and attempt to copy this game has proven frustrating because every time I try to launch a backup copy through esr it goes to the pink screen of death, also before I launch the game it says “dvdvideo” near the bottom of the esr screen. I would appreciate it if anyone could help me in this matter thank you.

mcboot + esr doesn’t do cd-rom games.

You could do cd-rom games but you have to do a few more steps to convert them into dvd format to patch them with esr and burn them on a dvd. I will post a short tutorial in the guides section if it would help other people. This game is special though as It is a dvd-rom game on cd based media and it cant be converted from cd to dvd using the current conventional methods that I know so far.

Can you explain better regarding dvd-rom based game on cd media? Retails will by either dvd-rom on dvd or cd-rom on cd, the only time I have seen a dvd-rom game on cd is when its a rip.

[QUOTE=Jedi Master Yoda;2309995]Can you explain better regarding dvd-rom based game on cd media? Retails will by either dvd-rom on dvd or cd-rom on cd, the only time I have seen a dvd-rom game on cd is when its a rip.[/QUOTE]Update: I finally made a successful backup copy of raiden 3 using a similar method that I usually do concerning converting cd-rom ps2 games to dvd-rom format so that they could be patched with esr and then burned on a dvd-r disc but with a few different programs. To answer your question as you may well know that blue bottom disc ps2 games are cd-rom games and clear bottom disc ps2 games are dvd-rom games, and not only could you tell that blue bottom disc ps2 games are cd-rom games just by looking at the bottom of the disc but you could also find out just by looking at the back of the game box which will tell you either by the words “compact disc”(which is of course is stating that it is a cd-rom game) or the words “dvd-rom”(which is of course is stating that it is a dvd-rom game). But there are some rare exceptions such as raiden 3 for ps2, basically raiden 3 for ps2 is a blue bottom disc game(which will tell you that the game itself is on a cd which I would assume that it is a cd-rom game because for the most part virtually all blue bottom disc ps2 games are cd rom games by stating on the back of the game box the words “compact disc”) but the back of the raiden 3 game box clearly states that it is a dvd-rom game, which brings me to the conclusion that it is either a “hybrid” ps2 game(which means the game itself is a dvd-rom game on a cd-based medium/disc which could be on a 700mb cd or a 900 mb cd) or that the game disc itself is using fake TOC protection which is just another type copyright protection. But dont worry games like raiden 3 are very rare(a “hybrid” ps2 game) so there is no worry on chances of hybrid ps2 games being plentiful/many.

[QUOTE=skyblue14213;2310702]but the back of the raiden 3 game box clearly states that it is a dvd-rom game, which brings me to the conclusion that it is either a “hybrid” ps2 game(which means the game itself is a dvd-rom game on a cd-based medium/disc which could be on a 700mb cd or a 900 mb cd) or that the game disc itself is using fake TOC protection which is just another type copyright protection. But dont worry games like raiden 3 are very rare(a “hybrid” ps2 game) so there is no worry on chances of hybrid ps2 games being plentiful/many.[/QUOTE]

Never seen or heard of a hybrid as you call it but there could also be another possibility that it is a cd-rom and they made a printing mistake.

Also according to the raiden 3 game on wiki it states “It should be noted that the original packaging of Raiden III for the US PS2 Version says the disc enclosed is DVD-ROM. However, the game was published in a CD-ROM format with the blue disc bottom.”

Anyway at least you managed to make a working backup.