I need help installing firmware

i have a tsst dvd drive in my computer and i just downloaded the latest firmware update from their website. The problem is it’s a .bin file and i have no idea how to install it. Also i’m sorry if this is a double post but i don’t think the first when went through.

Read this:

http://www.softwaredriverdownload.com/tsst_cd_dvdw_firmware_update_readme_and_program.html

Hi and Welcome![QUOTE=littleogre;2220969]i have a tsst dvd drive in my computer and i just downloaded the latest firmware update from their website. The problem is it’s a .bin file and i have no idea how to install it. Also i’m sorry if this is a double post but i don’t think the first when went through.[/QUOTE]if you got the firmware .bin file from samsungodd.com, then there should also be the firmware flash utility (sfdnwin or tsdnwin) offered at the same location.
Additionally, you might have a look into the firmware section of the FAQ I mention in my signature and also into this article: http://club.cdfreaks.com/f105/howto-flash-firmware-samsung-dvd-writer-231217/

Michael

[QUOTE=mciahel;2221167]Hi and Welcome!if you got the firmware .bin file from samsungodd.com, then there should also be the firmware flash utility (sfdnwin or tsdnwin) offered at the same location.
Additionally, you might have a look into the firmware section of the FAQ I mention in my signature and also into this article: http://club.cdfreaks.com/f105/howto-flash-firmware-samsung-dvd-writer-231217/

Michael[/QUOTE]
i got it from the tsstcorp dite but i guess i dled the wrong file because it says it doesn’t work with the drive.

ok i downloaded the firmware for model H552l but it says it is not compatible with my drive. My drive model number is T5-H552l

Hi,

I suspect, you have an OEM drive that came as part of a computer (possible from a big brand company like Dell, HP, Acer, etc.).
Please check support website from the computer manufacturer for firmware updates.

Michael

[QUOTE=mciahel;2221188]Hi,

I suspect, you have an OEM drive that came as part of a computer (possible from a big brand company like Dell, HP, Acer, etc.).
Please check support website from the computer manufacturer for firmware updates.

Michael[/QUOTE]
yes i have a HP but they want 50 dollars for a firmware update which i was honestly hoping to avoid. As i’m not sure firmware is my problem. When i use my dvd drive i get a i/o device error. Anyway my full model number is TS-H552L0614. The update file is SH-W162l_TS03

I was told by a tech at geek squad to try updating my firmware.

Hi,[QUOTE=littleogre;2221190]yes i have a HP but they want 50 dollars for a firmware update which i was honestly hoping to avoid.[/quote]:eek: for that money, you can buy a brand new DVD burner. I guess, you have already searched HP website if they have some newer firmware online?

As i’m not sure firmware is my problem. When i use my dvd drive i get a i/o device error.
This does not look like an issue than can be solved with other firmware.
Anyway my full model number is TS-H552L0614. The update file is SH-W162l_TS03
That’s what I suspected. Samsung firmware flashers have a built-in hardware check in order to avoid flashing a drive with firmware that is not targeted to the individual drive.
You can override this hardware check, but there is always a risk of killing the drive. Please read the crossflashing part in the firmware chapter of the Samsung Mini-FAQ (see my signature).

Michael

i know i’m straying off topic but the i/o error only shows up when i try to write to the drive.

[QUOTE=littleogre;2221237]i know i’m straying off topic[/quote]not really. :wink:

but the i/o error only shows up when i try to write to the drive.
Please describe as exactly as possible, how you try to write to the drive.
Also, tell us, what media you are using. In case you have Nero installed, run Nero CD/DVD Speed, insert a blank disc and post the MID you can find in the “Disc Info” tab. If you don’t have Nero, then use DVD Identifier for that purpose.

just installed dvdi

OK i decided to just get a new internal drive. I want to try and install it myself. Could someone please direct me to a good online source for directions? Preferably one with step by step picture instructions. I have a hp pav A1540n

Hi,[QUOTE=littleogre;2223716]OK i decided to just get a new internal drive. I want to try and install it myself. Could someone please direct me to a good online source for directions? Preferably one with step by step picture instructions. I have a hp pav A1540n[/QUOTE]Get the upgrading and servicing manual for your computer from HP support website (klick here)
I would not use CS jumper position as recommended in this manual, but the classic “master” (for the first optical drive) or “slave” (for the second optical drive, first ODD must be master then) setting. Depending on the new drive and present cable, you may also need to replace the IDE cable by an 80 conductor cable (if not already present).

Additionally, your new drive should come with installation instructions also. If not, then such is available on the drive manufacturer’s support website.

Michael