I need help finalizing a maxell dvd+r please! :)

I have a maxell dvd+r that obviously has data written on it… like when you physically look at the disk…

however, when i try to run it on a computer or dvd player it gives me a no disk error… i am guessing i need to finalize the disk before it can be read by anything but i do not know what program to use or how to do it…

i have access to mainly dell and compaq as well as mac dvd-rom drives, dvd+rw drives, and sony and panasonic dvd players…

please help me in any way possible… i am clueless… :slight_smile: thanks

Welcome to the forum

Are you sure that this disc need to be finalized? Maybe the disc in unreadable.

To see try to do a scan with cd-dvd speed of this disc

the deal is… i’m playing this game of clues… and i got this dvd+r in the mail… other teams have figured it out… there is definately something on this disk… but we can’t figure out how to access the data… i’ve even thought it could be hidden somehow and protected by css… someone said something about the disk needing to be player formatted?? our only logical solution is that it is not finalized b/c it should be able to be played in a dvd player… this is all part of the game… it is supposed to be difficult to retrieve the information…

i tried that program… and it still won’t recognize the disk… it says “please insert disk”…

Try DVD Decrypter

the program won’t even recognize that there is a disk in the drive… we have tried this program before as well as many other decrypter programs… i could give you a list of them if you want…

when you look at the disk you can see 3 rings of different luminosities(?)… i read something about burning the disk incrementally… like in different sessions and going back to finalize it later? does this make sense??

also would turning it upside down make a difference???

thanks for your help! :slight_smile:

Try this media on another drive, and try to insert another disc on your drive.

If your drive don’t recognize any media, then your drive is broken.

If this particular disc is not recognized by any drive, then the disc is unreadable, aka a coaster.

it’s not the drive… we’ve tried it in many different drives… sony, dell, compaq… and players sony… panasonic… the disk has visible markings on it… it is not blank… and it must be able to be made readable… this is part of a game it can’t be impossible…

thanks alot for your help… :slight_smile: i’m going to keep trying…

You’re welcome. I’d like to help you to solve this problem.

Too bad, even if a disc contain something, can always be damaged. If no drive recognize at all the disc, in my opinion the disc is unreadable.

Try with Isobuster and see if it can recover some data from the disc. But I think that the disc is unreadable at all

we’ve tried that before too… this is what someone who has done it said on a message bored… he is on another team so i won’t ask him how he retrieved the info…

“i am working on it, disc read error or not. like maybe it’s not player formatted, and I have to find a dvd drive to extract some shit.”

2 hours later he posts that he accessed the data… it is some sort of streaming video or slide show of pictures…

You’re welcome :slight_smile: