I need advice about a Gaming Computer

vbimport

Does any one know where I can get a real good gaming PC. I’m willing to shell out $2300.00. Right now I am running a Athlon 64 2.4Ghz 512KB L2 Cache, 1600MHz FSB, 2GIGS DDR SDRAM (Maxed out). A Radeon X1950 Pro 256MB Ram. My PC still is sluggish with some games at the highest setting. Do I go with Intel or Athlon ??? :confused: I want this PC to last at least 2-3 years. Is the Intel Duo better than the Athlon FX?? Invida or Radeon?? How much video memory do you need for all features on a game to be on ?? Thanks

For $2300, I would definitely go with Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield, EVGA 8800GTX, and a 750W or above PSU. That would be around $1300 so you still have another $1000 for mobo, RAM etc.

Does your budget includes LCD panel? if yes, then go with Core2Duo E6600.

Newegg carries all those.

Where do I go for those specs?? Everywhere I look the prices are around $3000.00

Think he meant build it yourself?

I’m not that good

@Lou strike. You may be that good and don’t know it.:wink: If you can read and follow instructions from the Motherboard booklet, you can very easily put together a PC. The hardest part is figuring out what hardware to get. There are very knowledgable people on this forum that can help you out. I seriously doubt that your current GFX card is holding you back and the new 2 core GPU vid cards will be out soon, so the single core cards will probably drop in price. I have heard that vid cards are going to drop in price around the end of January ( A little birdie told me so), I for one am not going to jump on the DirectX10 bandwagon just yet as it hasn’t even been released yet. Maybe better to build your new PC and keep your current vid card for a bit and see what happens with the prices.

Thanks for the advice

If you really don’t want, just go to a specialized computer shop selling parts and ask them. They will often offer building all the components together for a $50 more. :slight_smile:

at the very least have a local computer shop build it for you as [B]kg_evilboy[/B] suggested…reason being, the name brand computer comanies (dells, HPs, etc.) will rape your wallet for a gaming machine and then dump who knows what low quality componets into it, not to mention the unneeded software/demos/spyware that will just bog the system down

You can wait, but then you can wait and wait and wait annnd annndd…

Asus P5N32-SLI Premium/WiFi-AP MB $216 Has true SLI 16x capabilities.

Core 2 duo E6600 $317

G.Skill 2gb ddr2-800 $270

Seasonic 700W PSU $210 High quality, high efficiency

XFX 8800GTX video card $540

Samsung 20" widescreen monitor $280 There are many other to choose from, unfortunatly there aren’t many reviews out for high speed gaming monitors. Most people don’t realize that the speed rating is for gray-to-gray and not for color, there is a review site that does test this but I cannot find it now.

Antec case $130

$2000, Add to that Arctic silver 5 thermal paste, Tuniq tower 120 (find out if it fits the MB), a mouse and keyboard.

Total ~~$2100 :slight_smile: