I need a DVD recorder with tuner and harddrive. Makes and models, please?

vbimport

I need a DVD recorder with tuner and harddrive. Makes and models, please?

My Philips DVDR3576H broke after only 3 years. The remote and the universal remote work but it won’t respond. I think the IR in the box itself is broken.

Is there another DVDR with a digital tuner and a hard drive and DVD writer for sale now new? Or used?

I found one of my model on EBay but it was about 200 dollars and as old as my broken one.

Try leaving it unplugged for 24 hours.
I didn’t look but there may be a manual reset you could try.
Then it may have just went bad. Usually everything doesn’t go at once.
If it is totally “dead” I would open it up & look for a blown fuse.
Check the power cord too for breaks or a bad plug.

[QUOTE=mm2005;2594457]I need a DVD recorder with tuner and harddrive. Makes and models, please?

My Philips DVDR3576H broke after only 3 years. The remote and the universal remote work but it won’t respond. I think the IR in the box itself is broken.

Is there another DVDR with a digital tuner and a hard drive and DVD writer for sale now new? Or used?

I found one of my model on EBay but it was about 200 dollars and as old as my broken one.[/QUOTE]

What you want is a recent or current Magnavox HDD/DVD recorder. The Magnavox 515 is the current model, the 513 is a recent model and the 2160A, 2160 and 2080 are earlier models.

The first post in Wajo’s sticky thread at the AVS Forum is the gateway to a wealth of information concerning these outstanding HDD/DVD recorders:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=12244086#post12244086