I need a download

vbimport

Hello friends
Once again I need some help (my 51st call for help if I am not mistaken).
I am still using XP Professional (as are other millions anyway) and in their supreme wisdom MS have stopped all online help.
I have an editing program which requires Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1. (I was under the impression that Service Pack 3 had incorporated all the other patches and critical downloads). It is impossible to download it from the Microsoft website.
Can anyone please tell me if it is possible to download it from some other site? Thanks as always for your patience.
Lino

Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 is an upgrade to Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1. You will need to install that first and then upgrade it.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=26

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=33

Dear Cpubound
This is what I need when I received your reply: I removed the .NET Framework 1.1 from the computer thru the Add and Delete app. Then I downloaded it as you instructed to make sure of the correct version. When installed I downloaded the Service Pack 1. I clicked yes to the question on whether I wanted to install over the .NET framework 1.1. The prog downloaded, seemed to be installing, but then nothing. And I still get the icon that the .NET Framework 1.1 service Pack 1 is still missing. Any solutions please?
Thanks
Lino

You may have a corrupted version of SP1 installed. Use the following cleanup tool for Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1. Then reinstall:

Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 SP1

Hello CPUbound
This is what i did to solve the problem: I downloaded a scannng cleaning tool from the internet (against payment, alas). This prog is very good and the scan revealed a very mixed up computer. Then I uninstalled the .net framework and re-installed from the site yopu suggested, then the SP1. I installed it and it worked fine. Thanks a lot for your help.
Lino