I need a burner that can burn audio cd at a good quality

Which brand should i go for (DVD burner), im looking for a drive that can read most of the disc n including scratch disc, and also perform a audio cd burning at a good result, thanks.

[QUOTE=limss79;2094455]Which brand should i go for (DVD burner), im looking for a drive that can read most of the disc n including scratch disc, and also perform a audio cd burning at a good result, thanks.[/QUOTE]

Since you appear to want one drive that will burns excellently and read bad discs, rather than adding a drive to complement your existing LG, then I’d choose Samsung, as mentioned by several of us :slight_smile:

Hmmm, I’m not sure where you’d get Taiyo Yuden discs from Selangor. Maybe one of our other members can help out there.

As for burning from .mp3 (or any other music file) to .cda, I use and recommend the free software Burrrn. As I also mentioned before. :slight_smile:

Hi again,[QUOTE=limss79;2094430]Can u guys teach me how to burn from mp3 to .cda or any format that a cd /dvd player can recognised without any unwanted noise n hissing. I am not very happy with my current LG drive coz it reads the disc properly as it likes, r the pioneer a excellent player n burner n of coz im refering to dvd burner.Thanks.[/QUOTE]please do some checks:

[ol][li]Listen to your mp3 files if there are distortions
[/li][li]Convert your mp3 files to WAV (I recommend CDex, but other software should do also). Listen to these WAV files if there are distortions.
[/li][li]Burn an audio CD from these WAV files if these are okay. Check the burned audio CD for distortions.[/ol]
[/li]If there are no distortions at all in step 1 and 2, then there might be a problem with the burner environment or the media you are using.
I remember, when I connected a LG drive to my onboard Promise controller, I had lots of distortions. That said, there might be other culprits than the burner itself.
At first, please tell us, what IDE controller is used, and what drivers are installed (if any). Additionally, you might try another IDE cable.

Michael

[QUOTE=mciahel;2094541]Hi again,please do some checks:

[ol][li]Listen to your mp3 files if there are distortions
[/li][li]Convert your mp3 files to WAV (I recommend CDex, but other software should do also). Listen to these WAV files if there are distortions.
[/li][li]Burn an audio CD from these WAV files if these are okay. Check the burned audio CD for distortions.[/ol]
[/li]If there are no distortions at all in step 1 and 2, then there might be a problem with the burner environment or the media you are using.
I remember, when I connected a LG drive to my onboard Promise controller, I had lots of distortions. That said, there might be other culprits than the burner itself.
At first, please tell us, what IDE controller is used, and what drivers are installed (if any). Additionally, you might try another IDE cable.

Michael[/QUOTE]

I have used ur method, found out that the hissing is not so obvious compare to the other disc that i burn. Still there is a little hissing when play out loud. Thanks very much, I like here pretty much due to the professionalisme, my motherboard chipset is powered by nvidia nforce 4SLI chipset.My C drive is running on SATA, while LG burner is run on IDE which is separately bought. I go window shopping found out that all the IDE cable are the same, the difference is just the length. Thank you.

Hi,[quote=limss79;2095397]while LG burner is run on IDE which is separately bought.[/quote]So this drive is connected to a PCI add-on controller card? If so, then this might be the reason for your problems. Please provide more information about that controller.

I go window shopping found out that all the IDE cable are the same, the difference is just the length. Thank you.
A standard IDE cable is 18" (46cm) in length. Do not buy a longer cable.

Michael

[QUOTE=mciahel;2095405]Hi,So this drive is connected to a PCI add-on controller card? If so, then this might be the reason for your problems. Please provide more information about that controller.
A standard IDE cable is 18" (46cm) in length. Do not buy a longer cable.

Michael[/QUOTE]

No, it is not a PCI connected add-on card, its a on-board controller. Ok then i change to a shorter IDE cable.You guys recommend me the samsung dvd burner, is it the one with 22X speed?

I tried the burrn, it does not support the chinese character…means i drag n drop those cue file which is chinese character, it does not accept. Other than the burrn, any other software can support ape file burn to .cda file n can support chinese characters?thanks.

[QUOTE=limss79;2096270] Other than the burrn, any other software can support ape file burn to .cda file n can support chinese characters?thanks.[/QUOTE]

Try EAC.

It does not support ape file, I tried to drag n drop cue file, it does not recognise as 10 different songs. I tried modify cue also can not. Thanks.

[QUOTE=limss79;2092221]I need a burner that can burn audio cd at a good quality. I now having LG dvd rw, i need a dvd burner that can burn mp3 to .cda without any hissing and the quality must be good cause the burned cd will be play in the profesional sound equipment. And im in Malaysia. Thanks for the help.[/QUOTE]

Mp3 and good quality are mutually exclusive. They’re good enough for casual listening but, if you are using audio professionally, then you should stick to uncompressed files.

Cheers

James.

but where to get such uncompressed file free of charges

I also need a (external) burner that can burn audio CD at a good quality for a MAC. Any ideas?
The one I am looking at is the OWC Mercury Pro FireWire/USB2 SuperDrive up to 20X DVD, 10X DVD Dual Layer, 40X CDRW Burn Speeds
OWC Mercury Pro FireWire/USB2 SuperDrive up to 20X DVD, 10X DVD Dual Layer, 40X CDRW Burn Speeds. Solution Includes all connecting cables. 1yr OWC Warranty. Works with Apple iDVD 5 & 6
Anybody have any information about these or can recommend a “quality” one?
:confused: