I need a burner that can burn audio cd at a good quality

vbimport

I need a burner that can burn audio cd at a good quality. I now having LG dvd rw, i need a dvd burner that can burn mp3 to .cda without any hissing and the quality must be good cause the burned cd will be play in the profesional sound equipment. And im in Malaysia. Thanks for the help.

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

My step-father, who is a DJ, burns his music files at 16x with a Samsung DVD burner, and I do the same (we have different model Samsungs, though).

Neither of us have had any problems, on professional DJ equipment or regular CD players. However, we do use good media (Taiyo Yuden).

No doubt other members will have some more opinions for you. :slight_smile:

Edit: You don’t mention whether you need a burner with a PATA (IDE) or SATA interface…

Of course, I would like to get a SATA drive. I’m been using the LG DVD RW to burn the audio CD from mp3 to .CDA but end up a lot of hissing. I’m using NERO 6 for that purpose. When play in profesional audio system, n crank the volume up loud, a lot of hissing will appear. Can you recommend me a good DVD writer, not forgetting a good audio burning software.By the way, i use imation titanium for recording purpose. Thanks.

Is it a wise step to upgrade another DVD writer or wait for bluray writer?Are there any SACD burner out there?

Welcome to CDF limss79.
The best audio readers/writers are Plextor Premium CDRW’s.
However Samsung are a cost effective alternative.
SATA 203 or the newer 223.
IDE 202.
Not likely to be worth waiting/going for Bluray writer as the audio aspect will definitely be no better.
In fact could be relatively poor.
As they will be concentrating on other priorities.

In my place, no more CDRW writer, only got cd-rom, dvd rom and external dvd writer which is se-t084l.

How about the CDR?Which brand should i go for?Thanks

A Samsung drive, matched up with some Taiyo Yuden media, would be perfect!

If you let us know where you are, perhaps we can recommend some good places to buy the discs :slight_smile:

As for burning .mp3 to .cda, I always use the free software Burrrn - it’s never failed me yet. :slight_smile:

for cd burning i go with a pioneer :o , and Taiyo yuden or HP cdr made by ritek :o, but i agree on the whole samsung and Taiyo yuden combo its served me well in the past

[QUOTE=limss79;2092221]I need a burner that can burn audio cd at a good quality. I now having LG dvd rw, i need a dvd burner that can burn mp3 to .cda without any hissing and the quality must be good cause the burned cd will be play in the profesional sound equipment. And im in Malaysia. Thanks for the help.[/QUOTE]

You should try to burn with your LG drive at lower speed like 8x because LG’s could produce C2 errors when burning at higher speeds. For me, the LG is the best audio cd burner, burning at 8x of course. I don’t own a 20x samsung but, from what I’ve read here, it also must be a very good audio cd burner :).

Samsung SH-203B and Taiyo Yuden CD-R

Hi,[QUOTE=limss79;2092221]I now having LG dvd rw, i need a dvd burner that can burn mp3 to .cda without any hissing [/QUOTE]what model do you have exactly?

Mine LG actually is HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4163B, but when come to read scratch disc, it no way can come near my past 52X AOPEN.

The 4163B is a terrific burner with both CD and DVD, I loved mine. :slight_smile:

I would say you have an adequate drive right there for burning audio. Burn at 16x and you should be fine, unless there’s a problem with your source files. Still, a Samsung drive would complement it nicely. :slight_smile:

But I found out that Samsung can not read most of the disc, correct me if im wrong, thanks.

I wondering how u all connect so many optical drive within 1 pc?

[QUOTE=limss79;2094408]But I found out that Samsung can not read most of the disc, correct me if im wrong, thanks.[/QUOTE]

Samsung drives, especially recent ones, are excellent readers. Probably better than the LG in that respect.

[QUOTE=limss79;2094410]I wondering how u all connect so many optical drive within 1 pc?[/QUOTE]

Hehe, personally, I only have two in each PC (I have two PCs), plus two drives in external enclosures. The others I put into an enclosure if needed :wink:

Other people here, have cases that can fit 10 or more drives. :eek:

Can u guys teach me how to burn from mp3 to .cda or any format that a cd /dvd player can recognised without any unwanted noise n hissing. I am not very happy with my current LG drive coz it reads the disc properly as it likes, r the pioneer a excellent player n burner n of coz im refering to dvd burner.Thanks.

Hi,[quote=limss79;2094403]Mine LG actually is HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4163B, but when come to read scratch disc, it no way can come near my past 52X AOPEN.[/quote]This is a nice CD burner (especially with Taiyo Yuden CD-R), I own one of these also. And it is a very good and fast CD ripper, at least with discs that are in good condition.
So, in my opinion there is no need to replace this drive. You might add another drive, which might be better in handling bad discs, but this is up to you.

Michael

Where can I get to buy the taiyo yuden?Im currently in Selangor.