I must be really stupid

I own a Panasonic DMR E75V. I have been recording programs to SONY DVD-R 120M 4.7gb 1x-8x dvd’s.

I ran out after two years. So I bought some  Memorex DVD+R Recordable LightScribeâ„¢ Media Spindle, 4.7GB/120 Minutes.  Didn't work. So I realized I needed DVD-R instead of +R

Last night I picked up a pack of Memorex DVD-R 120min 4.7gb 16x.

Those don't work either. My DVR is filling up fast as I record a bunch of movies and sports programs to DVD for the day when I can no longer afford my 100 a month satelite dish bill. LoL

Can you guys help me? I can no longer find the older Sony dvds I use to record with? I will ship you the 50 brand new Memorex DVD-R 120min 4.7gb 16x for free if you can help me?

Thanks, Gino.

You might check the Panasonic website and see if there is a firmware update available for your model recorder. This might improve compatibility with 16x media.

You can also buy Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden 8x -R disks at online shops like rima.com and supermediastore.com Both of these types of disks are high quality and should work in your recorder.

The Verbatim 8x -R disks are sometimes still available locally at Best Buy. Look for the disks with the movie reel picture on the top of the disks.

Thank you. I found an update for the model DMR-E75VS. But they also call it a DMR-E75V too. I think this will work. But can you explain to me how I instal it into my machine?
Thanks a again. Gino

You might want to try a different brand of -R media

For example the Sony labeled media available at WalMart is labeled 1x-16X, so theoretically it’ll work on older (slower) burners

BTW, don’t be so hasty about getting rid of that media you bought by accident, your easiest way out might be to simply buy a newer
DVD recorder.

You can get a newer one for ~$130 and the newer ones will record faster and be far less selective about the media you feed them.

AD

You typically just burn it to CD and then play it. There should be specific step by step instructions on their site or with the file. Sometimes it is also outlined in the user manual.

Thank you guys. I really appreciate it. I just picked up some Sony (the brand my machine seemed to favor) and the are 1x16 so we’ll see. If they don’t work I’ll run the update dvd too. \

Again, thank you guys.

So I got home and stuck in the new Sony blank dvd and it didn’t recognise them. LoL. I opened and closed it several times. Nothing. Just for kicks I stuck one of the Memorexs that I bought the night before and it worked. I swear this thing has a mind of it’s own.

I burnt a couple programs and finalized them. I stuck in another blank Memorex and guess what? Nothing. It didn't recognise it now. I opened and shut it 3 times and on the 4th time it recognised it. 

As you know I downloaded the update and it's sitting on my HD but I have a couple questions if that's ok? They do not give instructions on how to install it. And someone here said to burn it to a cd and then play it. 

So, Do I use a blank cd or a blank dvd?  And do I just right click and "send to" the blank. Or do I need to get a DVD burning program and burn it to a blank DVD like I would a movie?

The file extension is .FRM

Thanks again guys.

Yes usually you just burn the file as data to a CD. You can try the freeware ImgBurn, and select ‘Build’ mode. Then drop the .FRM file in the window, and click the start button to burn to the blank CD. Make sure the CD is finalised before putting it in the DVD recorder.

[QUOTE=DIRTADDICT;2213248]So I got home and stuck in the new Sony blank dvd and it didn’t recognise them. LoL. I opened and closed it several times. Nothing. Just for kicks I stuck one of the Memorexs that I bought the night before and it worked. I swear this thing has a mind of it’s own.[/QUOTE]

Intermittent disk recognition/recording issues like this often indicate incipient hardware failure or other problems. Check out this thread for some more info:
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f106/fixing-your-panny-when-theres-fault-lens-cleaning-doesnt-help-210507/

Sláinte

midders

I regard your current symptoms as your drive crying out to be used as a golf tee.

Preferably with a driver you don’t particularly like.

Any of a hundred retailers will be happy to sell you a new one.

AD

I couldn’t find information for you specific model but these are instructions from Panasonic for another model.I think they would be similar
http://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/dvd/download/xw300/oceania.html

http://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/dvd/download/xw300/oceania/index.html

http://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/dvd/download/xw300/ftp/CDR_writing_Procedure.pdf

[QUOTE=AllanDeGroot;2213287]I regard your current symptoms as your drive crying out to be used as a golf tee.

Preferably with a driver you don’t particularly like.

Any of a hundred retailers will be happy to sell you a new one.

AD[/QUOTE]

LMAO :iagree:

Again, thanks guys you have been a great help. I will try to run the update when I get home. If it keeps giving me touble it will get a free swim in my pool. And I’ll be hitting what ever electronics store that hasn’t gone out of business in the last 6 mo.

G.