I messed up... Ritek G05

vbimport

Bought a few hundred blanks few months ago. I thought to give Maxell another chance and try their -R’s (Ritek F1). Last time I bought +R’s (Ritek F16’s) and they were horrible. The spindle I bought had black spots all around the discs and Maxell HQ stated the discs “defective, somehow good batch is mixed with a bad batch” but the replacement discs weren’t too impressive either.

Now I looked the package sitting on my shelf and noticed “8x speed”… Uh-oh, shouldn’t F1’s be 16x discs? Opened it up and surely - MID Ritek G05 :sad:

So, few questions

• Are these NOS or some kind of newer stock? (COO: China, 100+10 “promo” wrap, Maxell EU item no. 276065, EAN: 4902580512958, first disk on the spindle hub code: 9eE102104702B05 stamper: DR5A03-01835 and “19” little further away on the stamper.

• Do they still degrade that badly what I’ve read?

[QUOTE=Mastus;2621950]…give Maxell another chance… …Maxell HQ…[/QUOTE]

only one point.
you want real maxell? take [B]real[/B] “[B]maxell 003[/B]” made in [B]japan[/B].
the best are maxell [B]xtreme protek[/B] 16x dvd+r.
and you will get [B]real maxell high quality[/B] blanks like that http://club.myce.com/f76/maxell-dvd-r-107321/index4.html

ritek aren’t maxell. :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=memory;2621958]only one point.
you want real maxell? take [B]real[/B] “[B]maxell 003[/B]” made in [B]japan[/B].
the best are maxell [B]xtreme protek[/B] 16x dvd+r.
and you will get [B]real maxell high quality[/B] blanks like that http://club.myce.com/f76/maxell-dvd-r-107321/index4.html

ritek aren’t maxell. :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, ritek isn’t maxell… and I know that the real maxell mid MIJ discs are of great quality. Shame that none of the stores selling them either won’t ship to scandinavia or it costs one million trillion euros to ship them.

Too bad I didn’t stock up with the TY made maxell’s and 8x Verbies. They were great :iagree:

where are you located?

Northern Finland

pm for you.

[QUOTE=Mastus;2621962]Too bad I didn’t stock up with the TY made maxell’s …[/QUOTE]

maxell xtreme protek “maxell 003” are made by maxell himself. :bow:

[QUOTE=Mastus;2621950]Now I looked the package sitting on my shelf and noticed “8x speed”… Uh-oh, shouldn’t F1’s be 16x discs? Opened it up and surely - MID Ritek G05 :sad:

So, few questions

• Are these NOS or some kind of newer stock? (COO: China, 100+10 “promo” wrap, Maxell EU item no. 276065, EAN: 4902580512958, first disk on the spindle hub code: 9eE102104702B05 stamper: DR5A03-01835 and “19” little further away on the stamper.

• Do they still degrade that badly what I’ve read?[/QUOTE]Not necessarily, not all RITEK G05 discs degraded either. It was more like a game of chance, some discs went bad really fast and some held up surprisingly long.

They should be fine for temporary storage / non-critical stuff, though.

Unfortunate that you only discovered it now after a few months, as usually it’s possible to return products that have been bought on the Web in the European Union by cancelling the contract within 7 work days of having received the item. UK law has the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000, I’m sure Finnish law has similar provisions.

[QUOTE=kg_evilboy;2621995]Not necessarily, not all RITEK G05 discs degraded either. It was more like a game of chance, some discs went bad really fast and some held up surprisingly long.

They should be fine for temporary storage / non-critical stuff, though.

Unfortunate that you only discovered it now after a few months, as usually it’s possible to return products that have been bought on the Web in the European Union by cancelling the contract within 7 work days of having received the item. UK law has the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000, I’m sure Finnish law has similar provisions.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, same 7 day cancelling works here too. But I bought the discs abroad (Germany) so I would have to pay for shipping costs back which costs as much as the discs did. Buying from a store in Finland the sender has the responsibility to pay the shipping costs back also.

I’ll think I just keep these. Must keep an eye out for these though (initial burns are exceptionally good)… I’m saving the initial scans for these - let’s see in few months how it goes.

Could you post some of those results here?: http://club.myce.com/f76/ritek-dvd-r-87408/
Thanks. :clap:

Posted an example…

So far I’ve burned about 10 of these and all give about similar results. Two discs have max PIE values of ~25 in the start of the disc and one disc had PIF value spiking at 3.

All seem to have similar behaviour of slightly higher PIE/PIF in the beginning of the disc.

[QUOTE=Mastus;2622011]But I bought the discs abroad (Germany) so I would have to pay for shipping costs back which costs as much as the discs did. [/QUOTE]Not if the value of the product exceeds 40 Euro (Section 357 Subsection 2 of the German Civil Code, § 357 II BGB). In that case, the seller will have to pay all the shipping cost.

[QUOTE=kg_evilboy;2622131]Not if the value of the product exceeds 40 Euro (Section 357 Subsection 2 of the German Civil Code, § 357 II BGB). In that case, the seller will have to pay all the shipping cost.[/QUOTE]

100 pack of Ritek (F1’s or G05’s) discs for 40€? I don’t think so, as I remember it was something like 17€…

But thanks for the info, didn’t know there was this kind of limit :bow:

[QUOTE=Mastus;2622140]100 pack of Ritek (F1’s or G05’s) discs for 40€? I don’t think so, as I remember it was something like 17€…

But thanks for the info, didn’t know there was this kind of limit :bow:[/QUOTE]At last I was able to put my knowledge to use that I accumulated during years of attending law school :smiley:

In any case if you’re sending back multiple items it would be possible to send back all of these to exceed the 40 Euro threshold.

Your scan looks quite good. Just out of curiosity: Are you using Wine?

[QUOTE=Mastus;2622140]100 pack of Ritek … it was something like 17€…
[/QUOTE]

for only 17,- € you got nice blanks. :cool:
i don’t understand your problem. :disagree:

[QUOTE=memory;2622154]for only 17,- € you got nice blanks. :cool:
i don’t understand your problem. :disagree:[/QUOTE]Well, I am also very interested in whether these discs are affected by the famous RITEK G05 degradation or not…

[QUOTE=kg_evilboy;2622155]Well, I am also very interested in whether these discs are affected by the famous RITEK G05 degradation or not…[/QUOTE]
Time will show…

[QUOTE=kg_evilboy;2622152]At last I was able to put my knowledge to use that I accumulated during years of attending law school :smiley:

In any case if you’re sending back multiple items it would be possible to send back all of these to exceed the 40 Euro threshold.

Your scan looks quite good. Just out of curiosity: Are you using Wine?[/QUOTE]

Yes I am.

For some reason can not get kprobe to work.

If I remember correctly the G05 disaster was cured years ago. Here is a 4 year old 8x burn on Pioneer 215D. This is Ridata branded.