I made the switch

Well I finally made the switch over to mozilla firefox today and I must say I am liking it. One quick question, is there any way to make links open in a new tab by default? Like when I would click a link in gmail or here, it would open a new window in IE, can I make those links open in tabs in firefox?

if you have set FF as you default browser (you can do this in the FF options under Tools / Options / General / Default Browser) it should not open IE but FF…

for the tabbed thing: i think you’ll need an “extension” for this… i left it as it is (just changed that new tabs are loaded in background, so i can open 10 links in tabs and don’t leave the site i’m currently at…), but i think the extension is called “Tabbrowser Preferences” - you can get it via Tools / Extensions / Get more Extensions…

Hmm, well it won’t install because I’m on ver 1.0PR and not .9 I guess I will wait a while for an update as I don’t want to downgrade.

Edit: I installed the extension Single Window 1.4 and it works for opening external links in a new tab, but from gmail they still go to a new window and a new tab. Edit

Hmm, well it won’t install because I’m on ver 1.0PR and not .9 I guess I will wait a while for an update as I don’t want to downgrade.

on the extensions-homepage there is a new version for 1.0PR but it is beta… you have to d-load and install it manually…

Click with you mouse-wheel to open links in tabs.

the easy way is to click the middle button on your mouse, if you have one. it will open the windows in the background, however. that may be a function on one of my extensions - unsure.

Of that worked great, I just have to be careful not to scroll the wheel, since I can click my wheel.