I Made a back up of a DVD

vbimport

i’m trying to make backup of my DVDs so when i go on trips of over to someones house i can take the DVDs without worrying about them getting messed up. well i made a ISO image of a whole DVD its 7.55Gb so i went and i got some DVD-R+ DL disc aint sure the brand and i used ClondDVD2 to burn The DVD files to the DVD and my player wont read it at all. i’ve tried the Xbox 360 and THe Xbox 360 DVd player none of them will play it. please help i will admit i’ve never used the double layered disc befor. but i not new to burning DVD’s and CDs. please help i dont know what it could be if i Click the ISO it will play it just like a DVD on the Pc but Once i burn it nothing at all does not play. i also tried extracting the files from the ISO back to the DVD files and burned the DVD files and still no luck. i’ve done this same thing with regualr DVDs under 120min already worked fine burned them played them no issues but its these big a** DVDs i can’t get to work. sombody please help i’ve tried everything i can think of.:confused:

Yo-

Suggest you try DVDFab at www.dvdfab.com - there is a 30 day full featured free trial. I’ve been using DVDFab for the past 4 years and am VERY satisfied with it-eh.

Brand of media is important & most recomend Verbatim or TY DL.
The player you post is XBox . Have you tried this disc on a standalone DVD player ?
I have CloneDVD2 but I haven’t tried it on DL discs. I’m not sure how it does the layer break . I know ImgBurn lets you select the layer break . It also has a color start system that recomends the “best” break if there is one.
If the only DVD player you have tried to play the DL disc on is XBox that may be the problem.
So get some Verbatim DL discs & give ImgBurn a try .

[QUOTE=buckeyeDrew;2594492][B]i’m trying to make backup of my DVDs so when i go on trips of over to someones house i can take the DVDs without worrying about them getting messed up. well i made a ISO image of a whole DVD its 7.55Gb so i went and i got some DVD-R+ DL disc aint sure the brand and i used ClondDVD2 to burn The DVD files to the DVD and my player wont read it at all. i’ve tried the Xbox 360 and THe Xbox 360 DVd player none of them will play it. please help i will admit i’ve never used the double layered disc befor. but i not new to burning DVD’s and CDs. please help i dont know what it could be if i Click the ISO it will play it just like a DVD on the Pc but Once i burn it nothing at all does not play. i also tried extracting the files from the ISO back to the DVD files and burned the DVD files and still no luck. i’ve done this same thing with regualr DVDs under 120min already worked fine burned them played them no issues but its these big a** DVDs i can’t get to work. sombody please help i’ve tried everything i can think of[/B].:confused:[/QUOTE]

Knowing what type of burner you used would help to figure what happened?? And it can’t be that hard cause the media manufacture is printed on the dvd top side layer. Also you didn’t specify how you did the burn setup as well?

So get some Verbatim DL discs & give ImgBurn a try

Yeah that ^^^^
And If I had to [I]guess[/I], I’d say player/media incompatibility was/is yo current issue(s)…

Understanding the DVD Format is very important, here again Files and Folders are the basic item. You have VOB Files in a Video Folder, and you burn this as a Data Disc. I use DVDFab with Verbatim Media, and I do Movie Only on either Single or Dual Layer depending on the size of the Movie. A DVD Player Streams the VOB Files to your TV. :cool:

Use ImgBurn to burn the ISO and see if you still have problems.

[B]Wombler[/B]

I apologise if I’ve covered any answers already, but it seems to me there are several possible reasons why this might be so.

1. Could the discs have initially failed at burning, and you ignored, or the software ignored any errors (Perhaps didn’t verify the disc?)
  2. Make sure you buy always Verbatim for DL media. Even though several forms of Ritek, CMC, MBI media are all reliable, the only reliable brand of DL media are Verbatim. (You can blame the problems I’ve had with AOne DL media for that :wink: )
  3. The most common problem is for me is, other than burners not recognising the layer break (So complete and utter failure of reading second half of a burn) cheap or outdated players which struggle to play DL media. For example, my Phillips player from 2009 will play DL media (Although slow and struggles), but the same brand of player from 2004 will not play them full stop.

Although if Verbatim media really isn’t your game; (Who can be 3x as much as competitors, but they are the only, in my opinion, reliable brand of DL disc) try some Traxdata DL or AOne DL because you may get some okay results granted if they don’t fail outright at burning stage. :slight_smile:

How exactly did you create the “backup iso”?
Of course you cannot made a useable backup if the source is not pro.

He might have produced the backup via recovery software? The ones which dip the reading speeds to several kbps to recover bad segments?